Networking and Partnership Development Officer
Application deadline 1 year ago: Monday 29 Mar 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of EVAW Programme Analyst and Head of Sub-Office the UN Volunteer Networking and Partnership Development Officer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in negotiating agreements and setting up implementation mechanisms partners and ensure that agreements are established in conformity with financial rules and the latest instructions.
- Support the Head of UN Women Sub-Office in review the implementation and performance of project activities, including through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures; undertake field visits as required.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyze programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Develop and conduct training sessions for grassroots’ women on women’s rights and gender equality topics.
- Use the existing tools to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Draft minutes from the meetings, the monitoring and other reports (as specified in the individual work plan) to ensure proper documentation of project activities along with an impact and solutions achieved.
- Support establishment and maintenance of networking and cooperation among civil society organizations (CSOs) and volunteers working on GBV and related issues.
- Support the Head of Sub-Office in coordinating UN Women/UNHCR initiatives with other UN Agencies located in Sukhumi;
- Liaise and coordinate with UN Women Office staff as per her/his duties in the individual work plan;
- Provide any other relevant support to the supervisor and/or the Head of Sub-Office, related to UN Women’s mandate and project aims, through performing other duties.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Social science, social work, gender studies, development studies or similar.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in implementing development programmes, analyses of inequalities.
- Experience with project management in the area of Gender Equality is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Public information and reporting
Area of expertise details:
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Russian; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 29th. March 2021