National Project Personnel - Project Field Assistant
Application deadline 2 months ago: Monday 1 Aug 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
FAO’s approach to development assistance in Mindanao focuses on supporting the rehabilitation of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods, accelerating agriculture-based enterprises and increasing access to sustainable energy, and resilience to risk in municipalities affected by natural disasters and conflict. FAO interventions will include, among others:
• Introduction of various productivity enhancing technologies to improve household incomes and promote sustainable agricultural practices.
• Technical assistance to government in reviewing existing policies that promote equitable agribusiness venture arrangements between farmers and agribusiness firms and capacity building activities for farmers that are anchored on the value chain approach.
• Capacity building on enterprise development and agribusiness that will allow farmers, fisherfolk and local government units to maximize potential market opportunities.
• Restoring and increasing the productivity of agriculture and fisheries-based livelihoods of smallholder farmers and marginalized fishers, decommissioned Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) combatants and their families
• Enhancing the competitiveness of farm households, particularly women, to establish and manage microenterprises
• Facilitating the establishment of agribusiness enterprises with production-market contract agreements or similar arrangements
The Project Field Assistant reports directly to the Project Team Leader.
FAO Philippines is currently implementing a project on Conflict Transformation in areas affected by armed conflict in BARMM through area-based community driven development. The project aims to contribute in immediately addressing and mitigating challenges of building and sustaining peace amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2022 elections and lay the ground for conflict transformation outcomes that can drive forward the region’s transition process
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Field Assistant will perform the following tasks:
• Assist in the implementation of project interventions to include, but not limited to, distribution of project inputs, including the required documentation of acceptance by the beneficiaries; monitoring and assessment of initial results of intervention; and report writing; • Assist the project team in the coordination activities with local government units (LGUs), beneficiary community-based organizations/households, and other implementing partners and stakeholders; • Provide overall support to Project technical specialists in the conduct of capacity-building activities, such as organizing trainings and workshops; preparing documentation reports on all training activities, workshops, and other project activities; and submitting these documentation reports to Project Technical Specialists for review; • Inform Project Team Leader and Project Technical Specialists on existing and potential field implementation challenges and issues that require immediate attention, and recommend viable alternatives to resolve problems and issues; • Assist in maintaining an up-to-date database of partner community-based organizations (CBOs) including implementation of project activities and capacity-building interventions; and • Perform other related duties as required by the Project Team Leader and FAO Representative.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• The candidate must have a University Degree in the field of Agriculture, Fisheries, Agri-business Management, Social Sciences or other related disciplines. • At least two (2) years relevant and progressive experience assisting in project implementation at the field level. • Working knowledge (level C) of English and Tagalog. • National of the Philippines.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus • Teamwork • Communication • Building Effective Relationships • Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Relevant experience in field project operations in either emergency/rehabilitation and development assistance particular in Mindanao context. • Familiarity with UN administrative operations is an asset. • Ability to plan and work under pressure and within tight deadlines. • General knowledge and skills in the use of standard office software, such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point). • Must be familiar with the local rural setting in Central Mindanao and Bangsamoro areas.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.