National Project Personnel - Operations/Administration Assistant
Application deadline 1 month ago: Sunday 31 Jul 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the incumbent will report to the Assistant FAO representative (Admin), and work in close collaboration/coordination with the Programme and Administration Units of the FAO Office in China.
The incumbent will ensure effective operations and implementation of projects. He/she will ensure quality and consistency of the flow of administrative, financial and operational work and information.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation work plans, procurement plan, recruitment plan and other reports from an operational/administrative perspective;
- Assist in the implementation of subsequent stages of the project life cycle (recruitment, procurement, correspondence, etc.) from the operational/administrative perspective;
- Conduct procurement of goods/services, support the preparation of Letter of Agreement and contracts, ensure the compliance of FAO’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor the procure-to-pay process, follow-up on submission of reports and payments to Service Providers. Maintain local vendor database, including identification of vendors, evaluate vendors’ performance
- Participate in UN common procurement, contributes BOS process.
- Support the organizations of meetings, workshops and perform translations of documents at request
- Prepare local TA/TEC, and support on hotel accommodations/flight bookings for FAO’s mission
- Maintain filing system and ensure filing of documents and correspondence in accordance with FAO procedures
- Assist in the asset management, including registration, labelling, stocktaking, physical verification, disposal etc.
- Perform other operational/administrative assignment at request.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in a field related to business or public administration, finance, HR or other related fields
- Minimum two years of relevant experience in procurement, HR, office management, finance and/or areas relevant to operations or administration
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and Chinese
- Chinese Nationality
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in the field office administration and project operation
- Familiarity with UN or standard rules, policies and procedures of programme management, operational, administrative and financial; understanding of FAO policies and programme is considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated analytical and judgment skills, and ability to coordinate recourses to provide efficient administrative and operations support
- Extent of knowledge of FAO's corporate systems and database, familiarity with UN corporate systems would be considered an asset
- Effective communication skill and good organizational and time management skill
- Good knowledge and relevance of experience in MS365 platform, be able to use existing IT devices, apps
- Proficiency in current office software applications (MSOffice, One drive for business, intranet, etc.) and good knowledge on operating automated devices.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.