National Project Personnel - ECTAD Programme Assistant
Application deadline 5 months ago: Friday 2 Sep 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
The main aim of FAO Country Offices, headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. FAO Lao PDR assists the Government to develop policies, programmes and projects to address the root causes of hunger and malnutrition, to develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. FAO participates in the development and implementation of field projects in the sectors of food security, agriculture and rural development. This requires the integration within the broader framework of sustainable food and agriculture that aims at increasing production and productivity, addressing climate change, and managing natural resources; and enhance rural livelihoods.
The Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD) unit in FAOLA is dedicated to working with the government in preventing and controlling emerging infectious and zoonotic diseases working closely with national stakeholders in the animal production and health sector.
The ECTAD Programme Assistant will report directly to the Chief Technical Advisor, Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Disease (ECTAD), Lao PDR, under the operational guidance of the Operations Specialist and the overall administrative and functional guidance of the FAO Representative in Lao PDR. The incumbent will closely collaborate with ECTAD- FAO staff as well as with government counterparts at national and provincial level and other implementing partners and stakeholders.
Field project implementation and technical expertise on administration, finance, procurement, logistics and operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to ensure smooth and timely implementation of project activities in compliance with FAO administrative and financial rules and regulations.
- Maintain linkages with FAO administrative and programme support units as well as government counterparts, partners on administrative and financial matters as required.
- Prepare budget estimates for project activities including epidemiology training, AMR surveillance, avian influenza surveillance, etc..
- Compile all related documents for payments and expenses of duty travel, training, workshops, and settlement of check advances in accordance with the FAO’s rules and regulations;
- Create vendors, raise Purchase Orders on Goods and Services, Travel Authorization and Travel Expenses Claims on the FAO Global Resources Management System (GRMS);
- Maintain the filing system of the programme;
- Maintain an effective financial recording and reporting system for internal control, audit requirements and processes, and financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner;
- Maintain monthly attendance sheets/timecards and leave records of the national project personnel;
- Maintain monitoring tables of local travel authorization, training/workshops and letters of agreement;
- Supervise the cleaner and drivers to ensure effective logistic arrangements (including records of vehicles movements) and office operations;
- Assist in the procurement process for project goods, supplies, and services;
- Assist project personnel on general administrative matters;
- Maintain the inventory of the storage items and programme’s assets.
- Ensure smooth office running facilities including office supplies (i.e. stationary, utilities, telephones, internet, etc…), ground maintenance, security, transportation and other office services.
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree of Agriculture Economics, Business Administration, Foreign languages, international relations or related fields
- 3 years of relevant experience in administrative, procurement and financial support
- Working knowledge of English
- Nationals of Lao
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Proficient in word and excel
- Extent and relevance of experience in project implementation and administration support in UN agencies would be an asset.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.