National Programme Support and Liaison Specialist
Application deadline 8 months ago: Tuesday 31 May 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
Under the direct supervision of the FAO Representative, operational guidance of the FAO International Operations Officer, the incumbent will be primarily responsible for the following tasks and duties in order to ensure effective and efficient coordination and liaison function of the technical and operational support of the programme and project activities under the FAO Representation.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Lao PDR and the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme)
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for liaison and assisting government authorities and other institutions in the areas of FAO's activities in the country to different fields of work according to the needs of the Organization. Implementation support and monitoring of FAO projects and programmes.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Liaise with government authorities, local, national and international institutions in the areas of FAO's activities in close coordination with the FAO Representation staff • Coordinate and manage access to country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry, and fisheries including information on external aid in FAO's corporate systems and monitor and communicate changes in national policies affecting the agricultural sector; • Facilitate the meeting appointment, and administrative process with the government to ensure the smooth coordination • Support the technical, economic and policy studies as required • Prepare briefs, talking points, official letters, reports and media releases for the FAO Representation • provide translation and interpretation during meetings with the government as needed • Performs other duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Master’s degree on agriculture, business, and administration, economics, development studies or a field related to the work of the organization • At least 5 years of relevant experience in government relation, implementing programming at the nexus between a government institution and the UN or International organization. • Used to build awareness within FAO of the perspectives and priorities of collaborators, assists FAO program unit with networking with external counterparts • Be able to engage partners and projects in reflecting FAO's priorities in development agendas. • Experience with the UN, International Development Agencies on Food System, Climate Change, or Rural Development Sectors • Good working knowledge of English • Nationals of Laos
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus • Teamwork • Communication • Building Effective Relationships • Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work • Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills to communicate and write official letter to relevance organization. • Extent and relevance of experience in rural development, climate resilience in Agriculture, and Agro-Economic. • Extent and relevance of experience in coordination and facilitation of meeting, workshop with government organization at the national and sub national level. • Familiarity with the UN and International Organization project implementation mechanism
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required. Vaccination status will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.