National Professional Officer (New Vaccine)
Application deadline 9 months ago: Saturday 26 Feb 2022 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a NO-B contract. This kind of contract is known as National Professional Officers. It is normally only for nationals. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 2 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 3,109 USD.
Salary for a NO-B contract in JakartaThe salary of a NO-B depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 48,865,917 IDR (~3,109 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about NO-B contracts.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The position is placed in the Category 1: to strengthen vaccine preventable disease control including increasing and maintaining immunization coverage for all EPI vaccines, surveillance of vaccine preventable diseases; to eradicate transmission of wild poliomyelitis; measles elimination rubella /CRS control, introduce new and underutilized vaccine, to transfer technology for the laboratory diagnosis of Vaccine Preventable Diseases and strengthen national regulatory authorities/ BPOM capacity.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent is responsible to carry out the following activities related to immunization and to assist national immunization programme and Ministry of Health Indonesia:
1. Implement, monitor and evaluate the introduction of new vaccines that have been planned or under consideration by government of Indonesia i.e. Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine ( PCV-13), Inactivated polio vaccine (IPV), Human Papilloma vaccine (HPV), Japanese encephalitis vaccine (JE), Rota virus, Dengue in line with CMVP 2019-2024;
2. Facilitate economic and Disease burden studies for new vaccines in coordination with ITAGI and research institutes/ medical universities;
3. Facilitate immunization safety and monitoring, of adverse events following introduction of new vaccines;
4. Technical assistance to develop training materials/ guidelines for Health workers on new vaccines;
5. Provide technical assistance to evaluate and strengthen EVM and cold chain capacity for NVI;
6. Develop, monitor, implement and evaluate WHO country office for Indonesia work plan in the area of new vaccine introduction;
7. Liaise and maintain good working relations with concerned technical units/departments of Ministry of Health and other stakeholders related to immunization; such as ITAGI, BPOM, NIHRD, UNICEF, CHAI, GAVI, USAID;
8. Work closely with other categories in WCO Indonesia towards integrated services, MCH, UHC, and systems strengthening; and
9. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor or WHO Representative.
Essential: A university degree in medicine. Desirable: Post graduate degree in Pediatrics and/or public health, epidemiology or a relevant area.
Essential: At least two years of professional experience in EPI and vaccine preventable disease control. Desirable: Experience of work in United Nations and/or other international organization.
• Demonstrated knowledge of communicable disease control, epidemiology, and laboratory diagnosis specifically for EPI diseases.
• Knowledge of clinical and laboratory surveillance.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated willingness and ability to work effectively with national and international colleagues.
1. Teamwork 2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences 3. Communication 4. Producing results 5. Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Bahasa.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at IDR 556,348,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.