NATIONAL POST: Finance Associate, G6, Monrovia, Liberia
Application deadline in 2 days: Wednesday 23 Jun 2021
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education. More about G-6 contracts.
The Finance Associate delivers effective financial advice and services to internal and external clients, providing finance related guidance to both Country Office (CO) and UNFPA supported projects.
You will report to the International Operations Manager.
You will support the effective management of UNFPA programme activities in the areas of population and development, reproductive health and gender.
Possessing a depth of knowledge of UNFPA financial rules, guidelines, and processes, you will demonstrate a client-oriented, results-focused approach to interpreting rules, procedures and guidelines. You will act in an advisory manner to programme / project staff to maximise the impact of financial resources in delivering programmes / projects.
You would be responsible for:
- Supporting the monitoring of programme financial performance, by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results; detecting potential over/under expenditure problems and proposing remedial action.
- Developing effective mechanisms for monitoring programme and project budgets; coordinating compilation of financial data; and regularly providing accurate, up to date financial information to HQ and regional offices.
- Interpreting financial policies and procedures and providing training and guidance to staff and project managers. Striving to identify innovative ways in which programme financial needs can be met within existing policies.
- Assisting in the management of the CO budget, by budget formulation, controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions as required.
- Maintaining an effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up; and processing financial transactions in an accurate and timely way.
- Reviewing and monitoring charges for common services and cost recovery, taking into account maximum cost efficiency; representing UNFPA’s interests in financial negotiations and agreements.
- Supervising administrative and clerical staff as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
First level university degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Public Administration or similar discipline is required. A Master’s degree in any business discipline is desired.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications, web-based management and ERP financial systems.
Fluency in English is required.