National Internship - ICT Intern, Windhoek, Namibia (for Namibia Nationals only)
Application deadline 1 year ago: Wednesday 4 Aug 2021 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Internship contract. More about Internship contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, information
How can you make a difference?
To assist Operations/IT Unit with providing first level user, workstation and server support.
The candidate is expected to perform following deliverables/tasks:
- Microsoft Windows and Cisco systems knowledge.
- Implementing and integrating IP routing network protocols.
Applying multiple communications technologies in planning networks for voice, data, and video traffic.
Understanding and knowledge Voice over IP.
- Protection of network users from hostile applications and viruses.
- Provide technical support and training to the staff.
- Service and maintenance of the IT equipment, including workstations and printers.
- Tracking inventory and evaluating new technologies.
- Maintain and monitor Internet link equipment in the main office to ensure connectivity.
- Installing and upgrading Software packages.
- Perform and monitor Backup of critical servers
- Ensure the Anti-Virus Software is updated on the servers and workstations.
- Implement and maintain SharePoint Sites and related Systems
- Be able to provide support on Microsoft Office packages, Office365, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business.
- Maintain the local Help Desk System
- Work closely and reporting to the MIS Assistant
Tentative start date: 1st of September 2021
Duration: Six (6) months
To qualify as a/an [champion or advocate] for every child you will…
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate university diploma or higher) in a relevant background of ICT
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in ICT
- Fluency in English is required or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
How to apply?
Please visit our careers page at https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ and submit your online application (cover letter, CV and certified copies of qualification).
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.