National Information Management Specialist
Application deadline 6 months ago: Monday 25 Jul 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
The main aim of FAO Country Offices, headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. FAO Lao PDR assists the Government to develop policies, programmes and projects to address the root causes of hunger and malnutrition, to develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. FAO participates in the development and implementation of field projects in the sectors of food security, agriculture and rural development. This requires the integration within the broader framework of sustainable food and agriculture that aims at increasing production and productivity, addressing climate change, and managing natural resources; and enhance rural livelihoods.
“Resilient COVID-19 recovery and transformational pipeline to boost climate actions in agriculture, land and water sectors in Lao PDR” project aims to strengthen the capacity of the new NDA office with particular focus on (1) Building new NDA capacity for GCF coordination, in synergy with GEF and Adaptation und programming and strengthening Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification (MRV) of climate finance and its contribution to achieving the NDC, the 9th National Socio-Economic Development Plan 2021-2025 and localized SDGs targets; (2) Developing resilient and green COVID-19 recovery investment plans for the agriculture, forest, and other land use (AFOLU) sectors that are the most climate vulnerable and heavily affected by COVID-19 while also being the largest emitting sectors in the country; and (3) Developing a transformational climate finance pipeline with programme/project concept notes to maximize synergies of GCF, GEF, and AF and address resilient and green COVID-19 recovery.
Under the overall administrative and functional guidance of the FAO Representative in Lao PDR, the direct supervision of the Operations Specialist. The incumbent will work in collaboration with the programme development specialist and other project team members.
The incumbent will closely collaborate with FAO staff at country and regional level as well as with government counterparts and other implementing partners and stakeholders.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Work closely with NDA and the National Institutional and Capacity Building Consultant to review and development of Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) system of climate finance functions with Guidelines, templates and SOPs and contributes to the NDC, 9th NSEDP and SDGs reporting; MONRE Guidance for integrated GEF-GCF and AF programming, developed in consultation with ministries and stakeholders • Coordinate with concerned departments of MPI, MAF and MONRE, and other ministries/agencies and stakeholders to review of available information management systems and institutional arrangements/protocols for data, information sharing in Lao PDR • Develop linkages between information management systems (particularly climate change, agriculture, land, water) for the MRV system, COVID-19 recovery planning and pipeline development. • Design the on-line portal, drawing on existing website of NDA office/MONRE and other relevant platforms • Support the MRV system development including development of the SOP, institutional arrangement, guidelines and training materials • Support the development of SOP, institutional arrangements, guidelines • Conduct hand-on training on the use of the MRV system including access of information from different systems for analyse and report by NDA. • Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in information technology, programming, data management or related fields (Masters/PhD is advantage); • At least 3 years of relevant experience • Working knowledge ( level C) in English; • National of Lao PDR.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus; • Teamwork; • Communication; • Building Effective Relationships; • Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement.
• Information Management skills; • Quality of both oral and written communication skills; • Ability to plan and organize institutional and technical work and support work of multi-disciplinary teams; • Demonstrated analytical, negotiating and advisory skills; • Computer literacy; • Experience to work with government authorities.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.