National Consultant to Support Electronic Immunization Record/s, UNICEF Sarajevo, B&H, home-based, 96 working days over 8 months period
Application deadline 1 month ago: Tuesday 4 Oct 2022 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, health
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is implementing with USAID funding a two-year programme on ‘Strengthening Social and Health Protection in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic in Bosnia and Herzegovina’ (April 2021 - April 2023) and “COVID-19 Vaccine Roll Out” (September 2021 – June 2023). The overall objective is to strengthen education, health and social protection systems in selected locations to adequately respond to COVID-19 and enhance overall recovery and resilience, with a focus on children, youth and families. The main focus of the Health component is the procurement of cold chain equipment, support with the establishment of digital immunization data collection and cold chain temperature monitoring as well as support for risk communication activities relating to COVID-19 vaccination.
National consultant is required to facilitate development, testing and application of IT solutions for electronic immunization records (EIR) in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republika Srpska and Brcko District. Apart from this facilitation role, the consultant would be responsible for the technical oversight throughout implementation of the EIR.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the UNICEF Health Specialist, the consultant will work closely with the Governments in both entities, FBiH and RS, and DB, as well as the Ministry of Civil Affairs (Department for Health) to conduct the following tasks:
- Participate in the evaluation of the IT solutions for the development of the electronic immunization records developed and procurement process initiated
- Provide the quality control of the selected company/ies deliverables as per this EIR ToR and Technical Requirements for IT solutions on the the electronic immunization record in Federation of BiH, Republika Srpska and Brcko District
- Provide quality control over the implemented milestones of the electronic immunization record in Federation of BiH, Republika Srpska and Brcko District
- Coordinate with the selected company/ies and relevant stakeholders in terms of identification and organization of the key testing sites
- Ensure quality control of demonstration sessions on system uses to all stakeholders
- Participate in the EIR piloting and testing and verify the testing results.
- Supervise training for focal points from the select facilities where the system is being implemented.
- Collaborate with the potential vendors in areas such as proof of concept, product deployment and implementation plan;
- Identify required modifications, ahead of time, in the existing data collection and monitoring platforms, or developing a dedicated system, based on defined standard requirements, if no such system exists;
- Ensure exchange of information on progress, emerged issues, proposed solutions, next plans with the EIR Supplier/s and UNICEF
- Support the data collection and reporting on the indicators for the programme;
- Support the revision of project work plan, if required.
- Other technical support relating to electronic immunization records as required and identified as a need by a partner or the UNICEF Health Specialist.
Duration of consultancy: 10 October 2022 - 9 June 2023, home based, 96 working days
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- University degree in one of the following fields is required: public health/nutrition planning and management, MNCH, paediatric health, family health, health policy and/or management, epidemiology, engineering, ICT or another relevant technical field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of electronic health records, preferably in immunization.
- Knowledge of the latest developments in the field of ICT and knowledge management.
- Fluency in in English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterwards in your assignment.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract.
Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
Remarks: Please submit your application along with lump sum financial offer for this consultancy stated in BAM or USD.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.
For further details please contact Ms. Elizabeta Smailbegovic at email@example.com.