National consultant specialist in food security and nutrition
Application deadline 10 months ago: Friday 4 Feb 2022 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
At the request of the Government of Mauritius, represented by the Ministry in charge of Agriculture, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) will provide technical assistance for the project " Mise en place d'un réseau de systèmes d’informations sur l’agriculture et la sécurité alimentaire et nutritionnelle dans les îles de l’Océan Indien ". The project is under the supervision of the Project Coordinator at FAO level (Madagascar, Mauritius, Comoros and Seychelles). In this context, FAO is recruiting a "National Consultant Specialist in Food and Nutritional Security" to ensure the implementation of the Food Security thematic.
The national consultant will work under the general supervision of the FAOR in Madagascar, to Comoros, Mauritius and Seychelles, the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative, the technical guidance of the project Lead Technical Officer (LTO), under supervision of the international coordinator and in close collaboration with the national project team.
Technical Focus :
Food security and nutrition
Tasks and responsibilities
- Establish the situation of national data and information on food security and nutrition within the different structures concerned;
- Make a comparative analysis with data and information produced by other countries;
- Propose a list of data and information on food and nutrition security that can be used in the framework of national food and nutrition security strategies.
- Prepare the final report with conclusions and recommendations
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- An Advanced degree in Agriculture, Biological or Environmental Sciences or related fields.
- Working knowledge of English
- At least 10 years practical and active experience working on food security and nutrition. Work experience directly related to evaluation and assessment of food security and nutrition.
- Nationality of Mauritius or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong administrative and organisational skills,
- Computer literacy
- Good English technical report writing skills.
- Ability to provide team leadership and motivation