National Consultant - Programme Support Governance - UNDP Lao PDR
Application deadline 4 months ago: Sunday 11 Sep 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
Guided by the global UNDP Strategic Plan (2022 – 2025) and UNDP Country Programme for Lao PDR (2022 – 2026), UNDP in Lao PDR works closely with the line Ministries, mass organizations, civil society, development partners, and the private sector at both national and sub-national levels in pursuit of the national socio-economic development priorities defined in Lao PDR’s five-year National Socio-Economic Development Plan (NSEDP) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The UNDP’s work is strongly focused on the provision of policy advice and technical support to the Government of Lao PDR in the design and implementation of national legislation and strategies across four broad Priority Pillars – (1) inclusive growth and reduced inequalities, (2) UXO clearance and risk education, (3) natural resources, climate change and disaster risk reduction, as well as (4) effective, responsive, and accountable governance.
UNDP has a long history working in Lao PDR. UNDP’s comparative advantage has been its ability to work closely with a very broad range of government and local-level institutions at all levels. The new UNDP country programme is aligned with the 9th NSEDP and is anchored in UNDP’s long-term partnership with the Government of more than three decades. The new programme builds on the achievements of the previous CPD that saw the incorporation of the SDGs into the national planning architecture. It will aim to support Lao PDR recover from the economic and social impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and continue its transition from LDC status, with a particular emphasis on supporting inclusive growth and reducing inequality.
UNDP Lao PDR, Governance Unit:
The UNDP’s programming on effective, responsive and accountable governance, inter alia, focuses on the provision of policy advice and technical support to the Government of Lao PDR to (1) enhance the rule of law, access to justice, and protection of human rights, (2) strengthen people’s participation in decision-making through increased access to information and political representation, (3) enhance public administration reform through institutional capacity-development and implementation of the Government’s decentralization policy (Sam Sang Directive).
Being the largest global development knowledge network with particular institutional expertise on governance, UNDP in Lao PDR co-chairs the Governance Sector Working Group (along with co-chairing the Public Sector Improvement Sub-Sector Working Group and Legal and Institutional Oversight Sub-Sector Working Group) of the Round Table Process, a national mechanism to coordinate the implementation of the NSEDPs and SDGs across the governmental institutions, development partners, CSOs and the private sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Support consultant will cover activities across People Participation and Rule of Law clusters and other projects related to governance and participation.
The Programme Support consultant is expected to carefully support the successful delivery of activities in Rule of Law and People’s Participation clusters under the Governance portfolio of UNDP Lao PDR by contributing to the organization and logistics of events, drafting and review of documents, preparing basic research, the production and dissemination of communication, engaging with partners and beneficiaries, monitoring the implementation of activities, support coordination amongst partner, among other tasks. The Programme Support consultant will provide support to Unit team members and projects ensure UNDP Lao PDR can fulfill its mandate in providing techncial and financial support to the Government of Lao PDR, with a focus on governance.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Programme Support consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Governance Unit Team Lead and working directly with the Governance Unit Team and other relevant staff and partners.
The successful applicant will be expected to be responsible for the following:
Task 1: Support the delivery of activities of the “Lawyer” project.
- Support to programme delivery activities such as workshops, event organization, social media and communications.
- Provide translation and direct support to project partners in drafting and reviewing documentation
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator.
Task 2: Support the delivery of activities of the Legal Aid cluster of work
- Provide support to government partners on legal aid, including MOJ, in delivery of activities such as trainings, workshops, consultations etc.
- Support the roll out of the Digital Legal Aid Platform, including awareness raising, uploading of FAQs, and coordination with lead ICT technician.
- Support implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities under the National Action Plan on Legal Aid
Task 3: Administrative, translation and document review support
- Support in carrying Lao-English translation, quality review of documents, and other programmatic and tasks related to the Rule of Law cluster of work, and the people participation cluster.
- Skilled usage of computers and office software packages, including Microsoft Teams
Required Skills and Experience
- Graduated in International Relations, International Administration, International Relations, Law, Development Studies or relevant fields.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in international development or related field
- Experience working in Lao PDR, including on Rule of Law, Human Development, and youth participation and volunteering an asset
- Fluent in English and Lao
Requirements for submission of proposals
All interested and qualified International or National Independent Consultant should apply on-line using the following links:
UNDP Lao PDR Country Office website at https://www.undp.org/laopdr/jobs or
In order to make your submission, please read the relevant documents available on the link below
- TOR (Annex I)
- IC General Terms and Conditions Annex II
- Offerors Letter to UNDP Annex III
- P11 Form
- IC - Contract Template
Interested Individual Consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Technical Proposal (Free-Form):
- Explaining why you are the most suitable for the work;
- Providing a brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the work, including the work schedule for the delivery of outputs/deliverables;
P11 Form: Education and work experience, including past experience in similar projects and contact references of at least three references for whom you have rendered preferably the similar services;
2. Financial Form (OFFEROR's LETTER): Lump sum offer with clear cost breakdown against each deliverable.
Instructions for Online Submissions:
- Step 1: Please prepare all required documents electronically;
- Step 2: Combine all the required documents in ONE SINGLE FILE (preferably in PDF; however, Word format can also be accepted) and upload to the UNDP Jobs website using the link above;
- Step 3: After that, you will receive an auto-reply from the UNDP Jobs website if your offer is received successfully.
Incomplete Proposals or Proposals received after the deadline will be rejected.
Note: Any request for clarification must be sent in writing before the submission deadline to the following email: email@example.com