National consultant: National Technical Assistance to support the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport to develop a Digital Education Strategy, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Application deadline in 8 days: Wednesday 6 Jul 2022 at 16:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, education.
UNICEF started operation in Cambodia in 1952 and opened first country office in 1973 in Phnom Penh. More information on what we do in Cambodia is available at https://www.unicef.org/cambodia/.
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport to develop a Digital Education Strategy which will help transform Cambodia’s education system.
The consultant will need to work in close collaboration with the EdTech Hub (global expertise secured by UNICEF Cambodia) and an organization supporting MoEYS with the development of digital education platforms for both students and teachers.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in education, public policy, digital economics, or other ICT related to education etc.
- At least 5 years of professional experience working with government institutions in Cambodia or the region on education strategy development and similar assignments
- Strong understanding of Cambodia’s education sector, the Education Sector Plan, and MoEYS policies and programs
- Demonstrated experience in working in a participatory and inclusive manner, especially through stakeholder consultations and workshops
- Familiarity with digital education and the digital education eco-system
- Excellent interpersonal skills with various stakeholders, including high-level government officials
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships at all levels
- Ability to concisely and clearly express ideas and concepts in English, both in writing and orally (presentations)
- Demonstrated track record of timely delivery of similar assignments.
Please find the job description of the post ToR_Digital Education Strategy for tms.pdf
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. The candidate may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid).