National Consultant for PMDT and PPM
Application deadline 3 months ago: Thursday 11 Aug 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a No grade contract. More about No grade contracts.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
Under the overall leadership, guidance, direct supervision of the TB Team Leader, and in collaboration and close conjunction with the National Professional Officer – TB Programme, the incumbent will carry out and be responsible to accelerate Programmatic Management of Drugs Resistant TB (PMDT) scale-up implementation, which aiming to improve and optimize country performance to tackle TB resistant challenge in Indonesia. As main focal staff for public-private mix (PPM) TB, the incumbent helps TB Team Leader in formulating policies, strategy and strengthen country capacity to implement, monitor and evaluate district-based PPM (DPPM) implementation at priority districts. S/He will also be responsible to develop plans for PPM implementation and assist the NTP in the execution of monitoring and evaluation of PPM scale-up activities at national level.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of TB Team Leader and general guidance of Medical Officer CDS and WHO Representative to Indonesia, the incumbent will:
1.Support National TB program to expand Drugs Resistant TB services in line with the National Strategic Plan 2020-2024 goals and targets. Specifically:
- Support the MoH/NTP in adopting the WHO 2020 consolidated guidelines of Drug Resistant TB and smooth transition from the recent guidelines.
- Support the MoH/NTP in expanding access of quality DR TB Treatment by expanding the DR TB treatment center.
- Closely liaise with National TB Programme, partners, and PMDT working group to ensure that all policy and tools are in line with WHO recommendations.
- Assisting team leader for preparation and implementation of annual rGLC mission.
- Assist NTP with introduction of new drugs and diagnostics tools with its logistic management.
- Monitoring and evaluation for implementation of new drugs regimen and collect data on drugs availability (both FLD and SLD), in collaboration with National TB Logistic Team.
- Develop quarterly PMDT acceleration plan monitoring report, consists of number of PMDT sites established, number of confirmed cases, enrollment status and treatment cohort results.
- Assist national and sub national capacity building related with PMDT acceleration plan to NTP and partners.
2.Strengthen country platform for TB laboratory expansion, including set up of innovate laboratory quality assurance system to support TB diagnostic quality.
- Assist National TB Programme/Ministry of Health with the update and implementation of PPM strategic and operational plans, manuals and guidelines for TB control while ensuring that these are in line with WHO recommendations and NTP/MoH strategic plans.
- Public and Private Mix implementation at national and sub-national level which include strategy implementation of private provide engagement in district PPM concept.
- Support NTP and its partners for the development of PPM training materials and human resource development plan to support PPM scale up at all levels.
- Technical mentoring to strengthen internal and external networks on high impact TB service providers (public and private), designated by NTP.
- Strengthen PPM strategic network of NTP, National Health Insurance Scheme, Professional Organization, hospital/health facility accreditation and certification body.
- Technical assistance for implementation of TB Intensified Case Finding among children, household contacts and PLHIV in public/private providers as PPM service network key components.
- Establish linkages between secondary care providers with commu7nity-based contact invertigation and TB prevention platforms.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of PPM key performance indicators.
- Monitoring and evaluation of TB comorbid collaborative activities, TB active case findings and implementation of TB screening among vulnerable population implemented at public/private providers.
3.Coordinate with NTP technical team, in country technical partners and other key stakeholders on implementation of PPM and PMDT activities under WCO biennium workplan.
4.Perform any other duties as assigned by WR and WO CDS.
Essential: Master’s degree in medicine, epidemiology, health sciences or public health areas.
Desirable: Post graduate qualifications in communicable disease, public health areas.
Essential: 3 years’ experience in programmatic management drugs resistant TB, either in clinical or managerial aspects and/or 3 years’ experience in PPM TB implementation at any levels (national, province or district level).
Desirable: More than 5 years’ experience working at government/NGO related with PMDT and/or PPM/DPPM implementation in Indonesia.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
Languages: Expert in English.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Work is performed in normal working environment.
Computer literacy: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
SSA National Consultant for PMDT and PPM, Level A. Between IDR 25,708,600 and 41,419,267 (in accordance with WHO Salary Scale for SSA).
- This Vacancy Notice may be used to fill similar positions at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test and interviews will be used as a form of screening
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.