National consultancy on Early Childhood Development, Belarus
Application deadline 8 months ago: Monday 14 Mar 2022 at 21:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, care www.unicef.by
How can you make a difference?
Under direct supervision of the UNICEF ECD Specialist and in close collaboration with other relevant programme section chiefs, the consultant will support UNICEF Country Office.
Full TOR is attached here TOR ECD consultancy for adv.pdf
Under direct supervision of the UNICEF ECD Specialist and in close collaboration with other relevant programme section chiefs, the consultant will support UNICEF Country Office in the following:
Technical expertise improving young children’s Health and Nutrition within the following categories:
Promotion of breastfeeding practices across health system levels and scale up of the Baby Friendly Hospital network:
- Support MoH in scaling up the BFH initiative, including establishment of working group and assessment of BFHs;
- Support M&E section in finalization of the baseline and secondary analyses on breastfeeding (BF);
- Support the finalization and plan the dissemination of BF informational, educational and methodological materials for parents and specialists.
- Strengthen system of inclusive nutrition and responsive feeding for children with special developmental needs and disabilities:
- Support finalization of the UNICEF TOC on Nutrition;
- Support in improving capacity of caregivers in responsive feeding across sectors (ECI service; palliative care; medical rehabilitation services; baby homes and other residential institutions services);
- Support integration of inclusive nutrition/ responsive feeding into parenting counseling across all sectors of health system, including “Count me In” application.
- Strengthen National ECI system:
- Support development of normative package for universal development monitoring tools and screening use, including tools for ASDs
- Support the review and update of ECI standards and monitoring system, including possible synchronization with admin and statistical data collection processes;
- Support MoH in development of a normative package for E-ECI;
- Support establishing a system of in-service training, both formal and out curricular, for ECI specialists to deliver services online;
- Establish a system of supervision of quality provision of ECI services;
- Support scaling up the ECI services on the basis of baby homes;
- Support M&E Specialist in conducting ECI costing study.
- Coordination with national partners and advocacy support in scaling up cross-sectoral approaches for ECD:
Advocacy for ECD
- Support the establishment of national working group on ECD Strategy development;
- Support activities aimed at raising awareness on ECD with key stakeholders;
- Support strengthening capacity of national and local decision makers in science of ECD and Nurturing care framework;
- Support ECD and Communication sections in drafting C4D concept note on ECD;
- Support ECD and Communication section in development of ECD repositorium of resources, both national and UNICEF developed.
Overall office support from ECD section:
- Support in preparing programme and donor reports, and other reporting requirements in the office;
- Contribute to UNICEF inputs for development of State National programmes and strategic documents and UNICEF’s annual work plans with profile ministries;
- Contribute to development of project proposals on thematic issues;
- Participate in regional and global relevant meetings and webinars, including network meetings.
DELIVERABLES - TIMELINE:
The work will be reported through monthly progress reports, with tasks agreed ahead of time with the supervisor. Pending the requirements of the programme section, the consultant will be asked to contribute to the programme strategies and implementation which will result in deliverables such as:
- Providing technical expertise to support country office’s programmes and projects on ECD, ECI and inclusive nutrition.
- Drafting of concept papers and work plans, TORs, proposals etc.
- Technical support during reviewing and drafting analytical reports from surveys and studies, written contribution into qualitative and quantitative analysis of available data and evidence within mentioned programmatic areas.
- Technical support to implementing national partners, governmental and non-governmental partners in design, implementation, reporting and monitoring interventions in ECD, ECI and inclusive nutrition.
- Technical contributions to reporting (e.g. donor reports, annual reports, project reports, travel reports, internal meeting etc.) within mentioned programmatic areas.
- Participation and support in facilitation of workshops, training sessions, study tours and other key meetings within the ECD programme.
- Other deliverables as required.
Payments will be carried out monthly in US Dollars through a bank transfer to the consultant’s account upon provision of invoices and based on satisfactory and timely completion of the deliverables. The consultant will be expected to provide an invoice for the actual number of days completed in the reporting month and payment will be pro-rated based on these days.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: University degree in pediatrics and/or psychology is required
- At least 7 years of professional experience in young/ early child development in health sector, pediatrics, early rehabilitation/abilitation, infant and young child health and nutrition. Experience with focus on children with developmental delays and disabilities is advantage
- Strong knowledge of the national legislation relevant to rights of young children and their families, the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and other international standards related to ECD
- Experience of facilitation of the national dialogue on formulating a multidisciplinary vision of ECD
- Strong analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
- Experience in cooperation and interaction with government bodies, local authorities, and non-governmental organizations
- Experience in partnership with international organizations: EU, UN and other
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Experience in project management is desirable
- Knowledge of written and spoken English is advantage
- Fluency in Russian is required
- Fluency in Belarusian is desirable
- Strong management, coordination, and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in team and meet deadlines
- Ability to collect, analyze and systematize received information
- Good report writing skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Results oriented, flexible, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to cope with pressure and setbacks
- Excellent computer skills
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
PROCESS FOR APPLICATION
The interested contractor should submit by March 15, 2022 12:00 am Minsk time the following documentation:
- Technical proposal (CV)
- Financial proposal (with the indication of daily and monthly rates)
- Work experience.
Criteria for the selection:
1) Relevant experience
2) Availability to perform the ToR requirements and meet deadlines
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. UNICEF is an equal opportunity employer
Applicants should submit their applications in English on-line by closing date 15 March 2022 by 12:00 am Minsk time to be eligible for consideration.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.