National consultancy - Business for Results Consultant (open for Bulgarian nationals only)
Application deadline 8 months ago: Thursday 12 May 2022 at 20:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, childhood.
UNICEF Bulgaria is seeking a Business for Results Consultant to support the Programme, Fundraising and Communications teams on engaging business to achieve programmatic result for children and change business practices in incorporating the business and child rights principles for programmatic non-financial engagement of corporate partners.
How can you make a difference?
1. Business for Results as the key strategy and interventions for the Programme.
- Provide technical support to UNICEF to better integrate business as a sectoral programme strategy and specific interventions
- Provide support to the programme team to explore opportunities for programmatic engagement with corporate partners in early childhood development, education, parenting, adolescent development and engagement, prevention, and response to violence against children
- Contribute to advancing the child rights and business agenda through provision of technical expertise, policy development, advocacy, and capacity building
- Explore and build a sustainable partnership with business related to response for Ukraine crisis
2. Develop a set of family friendly policies for selected business and agree on modalities for their implementation.
- Develop partnerships with businesses on family friendly policies co-creation in line with good practices and international standards
- Develop implementation tools and communication materials and strategies relevant to “Business for Results” in line with CO advocacy priorities
- Co-develop a Business for Results strategy and engage with businesses to build sustainable partnerships
3. Support the Advisory Board for Child Rights and Business in regular meetings.
- Build and maintain relationships and networks with strategic business partners and networks to advance the Business and Child Rights Agenda from the business community in Bulgaria
- Act as secretariat support to the Advisory Board
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in marketing, communication, business administration, social sciences, humanities or related field
- Five years progressively responsible professional work experience in new business development, marketing, CSR, communications, PR
- Previous experience in private sector fundraising in a not-for profit organization or in corporate social responsibility will be an asset
- Proven experience of developing a new business pipeline and implementing to successful completion
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Bulgarian language is a fundamental requirement
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken is a must. Knowledge of another UN working language is an asset
- Flexible, proactive, ability to work under pressure
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude
- Previous experience with UNICEF is an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. The candidate may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid).