Mushroom production and Training Expert for “Mushroom” project implementation
Application deadline 2 months ago: Sunday 4 Sep 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
“Sustainable Communities” programme within the framework of the projects “Fostering Participatory Development in Bordering Settlements of Gegharkunik and Vayots Dzor Regions”, “Building Back Better through Strengthening Resilience of Rural Communities in Ararat, Aragatsotn, Armavir and Kotayk regions” and “Support to Post-conflict Recovery of the Most Vulnerable Communities and Groups in Armenia” is implementing intervention projects targeted at socioeconomic recovery of the communities. The intervention strategy is focusing particularly on community-led resilience and response systems, economic recovery through creation of jobs, strengthening small and medium-sized enterprises, protecting people through basic services and maintaining essential food systems.
The “Mushroom” is a cluster project that aims to repurpose unused livestock barns in the target regions and its settlements to create a mushroom production farms. The ultimate goal of the project is to boost the social entrepreneurship in the regions, create job places and help communities to become sustainable by having their own productions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Mushroom production specialist will assist the project team by providing professional consultancy to support the development of project design, selection of beneficiaries, training participants and the mechanisms of mushroom production and compost preparation, as well as the implementation of monitoring, particualrly:
- Support in designing the “Mushroom” project
- Prepare the list and the technical specifications of necessary equipment for oyster-mushroom cultivation.
- Provide necessary trainings, consultation and on-site support
- Support in creation and evaluation of open announcement to collect applications for trainings and “Mushroom” project implementation from Ararat, Aragatsotn, Armavir, Kotayk, Gegharkunik, Vayots Dzor and Syunik regions
- Develop the training agenda for mushroom production skill developments and conduct training courses for final selection of beneficiaries
- Provide one-one consultancy to the selected beneficiaries for constructing the appropriate production area and improve their mushroom production skills
- Conduct site visits to assess stakeholder capabilities and assess the resources
- Support in evaluation and final monitoring of the project implementation
10 mushroom production projects created and implemented. Project includes:
- Call for applications created and announced
- Long list and preliminary selection of applicants
- Training agenda developed
- Group trainings for long-listed beneficiaries conducted
- Selection of beneficiaries finalized, and project types identified depending on training results and capabilities of applicants
- Site visit for one-on-one consultancy conducted
- Handover of mushroom production projects done
Lump sum payable modality will be applied for this assignment. Payments will be made only upon confirmation of UNDP on delivering on the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner (10% of the total contact amount per each implemented project).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead training and capacity building initiatives and teaching/training skills in a multidisciplinary context.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work unsupervised
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Sciences, Food Sciences and Technologies Economics Other similar diplomas may be taken into consideration if accompanied by specific sectoral experience.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the field of mushroom production practices and standards
- Excellent knowledge and skills in the field of mushroom production.
- Experience in conducting professional courses on compost production and mushroom.
- Experience in similar project implementation is a strong asset
- Fluency in Armenian is required (written and oral).
- Knowledge of English is an asset
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal.The contract will be awarded to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- Financial Proposal and Availability form: OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP (A total lump sum option is applicable for this assignment)
- CV shall include Education/Qualification, Processional Certification, Employment Records /Experience
General Conditions of Contract is available here: GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents that should be included in the application in one single PDF file and upload it).