Application deadline 8 months ago: Monday 27 Dec 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 7 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 7 (NRC) contracts.
Position: Multisector Program Coordinator
Reports to: Area Manager
Supervision of: Multisector Mobile team: Education Officer, WASH Officer, LFS
Officer, Protection officer
Duty station: Arua Area Office, with Frequent travels to WN field locations
Duration and type of contract: 12 Months
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusion and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the multisector program coordinator is to ensure a swift and agile NRC program that adapts to the changing contexts in which we operate. Through a standby mobile team based in the Area office, the multisector coordinator leads on emergency response through timely assessments, proposals development, and launch of context based response programs that align to the risks and threats affecting target beneficiaries.
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Line management for the Area Office based Multisector mobile team (Education Officer, WASH Officer, LFS Officer, Protection officer)
- In close coordination with the Area Manager, develop a strong network of contacts in the area of responsibility including the target communities to ensure NRC is up-to-date all the time on the humanitarian situation, potential populations movements, key issues, risks and threats affecting the people we serve, so we can provide a timely and relevant response
- Foster an integrated program through joint planning of key interventions including assessments, proposals and response activities that provide a holistic response that brings together all CCs (LFS, WASH, ICLA, Education, and Protection) with the people we serve at the centre
- Promote a system approach to our humanitarian response through a proactive identification of and engagement with key stakeholders to the humanitarian response in the area of responsibility
- Actively engage in all program development efforts alongside CC leads, prioritizing integrated programming in projects proposals as well as in the implemented response programs.
- Provide technical leadership on integrated programming, coordination and technical quality implementation in Area office
- Develop tools and lead on assessments for program development as well as emergency response in area of responsibility
- Develop, test, and support the application of tools for multisector/integrated program quality monitoring in close coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation teams
- Lead on innovation include the application of new delivery models that maximize scale and impact for NRC programs- Cash programming, community based protection, digital transformation, borderlands programming, localization, etc...
- Develop, test, and apply strategies to reach “hard to reach” populations in the context of West Nile displacement context (Asylum seekers, urban refugees, etc…)
- Develop, test, and apply strategies and creative/innovative ways to support durable solutions programming in the context of West Nile
- Lead in the development of innovative funding applications/ proposals that are premised on the new NRC delivery models/approaches (Cash programming, community based protection, digital transformation, borderlands programming, localization, etc...)
- Ensure a well-coordinated and integrated program through regular program review meetings bringing together all CCs to document progress, lessons learnt and draw recommendations for better and transformative programming.
- Coordinate with M&E and CC leads to ensure quality and well packaged reports are produced for the various donors documenting NRC learning especially on the new delivery models/approaches (Cash programming, community based protection, digital transformation, borderlands programming, localization, etc...)
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by the supervisor- Area Manager
- Project planning: CC Leads/Specialists, M&E team
- Area operations: Finance, HR, and Logistics Coordinators
- Staff capacity building: CCs Leads/ Specialists
- Implementation: CC Leads and Mobile Team members
Scale and scope of position
Position directly manages the Arua Area Office based Mobile team (Education Officer, WASH Officer, LFS Officer, Protection officer)
CC and Support Heads at Area and CO level
OPM, UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, Local governmental bodies, Community Leaders networks…)
1. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Demonstrated technical competency and record of achievement in at least one of the NRC’s Core Competency Areas- Education, WASH, Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS), Protection, ICLA
- Minimum 6 years’ experience from a senior program position in a humanitarian/ recovery context over seeing a varied number of projects with different donors
- Demonstrated previous experience handling multiple projects covering a range of sectors
- Demonstrated understanding and previous experience with the NRC’s new delivery model/innovative approaches (Cash programming, community based protection, digital transformation, borderlands programming, localization, etc...)
- Demonstrated previous experience leading on multisector assessment that feed into quality program proposals.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with various donors on multiple programmatic aspects including reporting and donor compliance.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts with shifting priorities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- In-depth Understanding of the West Nile Refugee Context
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Behavioral competencies (max 6)
The following behavioural competencies are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
- Application is online only; Qualified Uganda Nationals only
- submit application, detailed curriculum vitae and academic documents as a single PDF document by 27th December 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis;
- NRC will at no stage of the recruitment process request candidates to make payments of any kind. Further, NRC has not retained any agent to conduct recruitments on behalf of the organization.
- NRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to Apply