Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Application deadline 11 months ago: Sunday 30 Aug 2020 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation Section, the UN Volunteer Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will:
- Support the Coordination, planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of all food assistance interventions (e.g. beneficiary needs and status, food security status, programme modalities, implementation challenges, etc.);
- Review and give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for new programmes and budget revisions to ensure that plans are risk-based and focus on measuring results (e.g. checking monitoring and evaluation budgets are allocated and appropriate log-frame indicators and outcome targets are documented);
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate outcome focused results;
- Support the production and publication of frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements;
- Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are ta-ken and/or adjustments are made to programme responses as required;
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field;
- Perform any other related tasks as required by the supervisor.
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
University degree in Sociology, Social Development, Development Economics or Performance Management or other relevant field.
Between one and two years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation, including hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing relationships among partners.
Experience with WFP in Monitoring and Evaluation activities would be an asset.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Monitoring and evaluation
Area of expertise details:
Monitoring and evaluation.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 30/08/2020