Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
SCOPE OF WORK:
This position is responsible on implementing all MEAL related assignments and of the IRC Education program. The primary purpose of the position is for direct implementation of the Education MEAL related activities, generate reports from the given data and share data to immediate supervisor according to the IRC protocol. The Education MEAL Officer assumes the responsibilities given under the purpose and undertakes her/his regular tasks in accordance with a well-defined framework of policies and procedures under the immediate supervision.
This post holder will facilitate collaboration and working closely with other MEAL staff and program staff within IRC in creating and maintaining a robust MEAL system of the Tanzania country programs.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct data quality checks - Conduct data analysis to inform organizational activity trends - Assist in printing and disbursement of data collection tools and proper storage of data collection tools - Participate in design of data collection tools - Protect confidentiality of records and information used during data entry - Prepare complete and high quality reports ensuring quality data from school are effectively tracking - Conducting school monitoring visits and ensures all data are collected and ensure the use of data collection tools. - Ensure that all data collected in school obeys quality standard for education program - Entering data in Education database and providing quality reports weekly and monthly. - Ensure that key indicators are tracked on a consistent basis and in consistent manner across education units - Conducting data Verification in across education unit - Ensure good management of scholastic materials in education store and effective tracking of all materials distributed from the store - Ensure data cleaning in Education database and quality of information provided from database - Prepare one page summaries describing each education unit key activities, outcomes and impacts - Work close with school inspectors and education officers and ensure that school inspectors are using right monitoring tools to monitor the quality of education provided in school. - Work with MEAL Manager in conducting education assessments as well as identifying gaps in education program. - Establish and enforce quality standards and processes for data and information generated from the Education program. - Ensure implementation of programs aligned to the IRC MfA standards as outlined in MEAL plan, and MEAL work plan - Follow and abide to the reporting calendar and ensure timely submission of IRC and donor indicator data. - Ensure client feedback are regularly captured through feedback logbook. - Work closely with MEAL Manager in strengthening the IRC Tanzania country program M&E system and roll out comprehensive M&E plans with corresponding data collection and analysis tools aligned with agreed work plans, the log frame, and performance indicators. - Participate in monthly program review meetings - Participate in designing and implementation of the different internal surveys, research, and evaluations
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor. - Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director. - Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members. - Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers. - Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- University degree or its equivalent (from a recognized institution) in Project management, Statistics, Evaluation, Data Science, Development, or other related Social Sciences fields with at least 2 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation related assignments.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of M&E and application of its tools, and systems - Proficient in the development of data entry programme, management, analysis and in using statistical analysis software (SPSS, STATA, Advanced Excel etc.) - Development of data collection tools - Experience with Kobo/ODK - Familiarity with Power BI. - Good command of Microsoft Access - Good command of CommCare. - Experience in database development and system maintenance - Good time management, communication, interpersonal, training and leadership skills. - Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian context. - Microsoft Office application - Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships. - Respond to program’s data needs as quickly as possible to support evidence-based decision making. - Work productively in a team environment and the ability to meet unexpected demands - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision - Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions thereof – mainly for MEAL management and reporting. - Observing deadlines and achieving results - Giving, receiving and documenting clients’ feedbacks. - Pay attention to details and set priorities
Please note that the IRC does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fee). IRC does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked of any payment please contact [email protected]