Application deadline 6 months ago: Wednesday 20 Jan 2021Open application form
Job Title: Monitoring Assistant
Job Level: SC-4 (Service Contract) │ National Position
Number of openings: 01
Unit/ Division: Programme/ Monitoring & Evaluation
Contract duration: 12 months
Duty station: Kousseri, Cameroon
Assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Cameroon, the WFP Cameroon Country Strategic Plan [CSP] (2018 – 2021) endeavours to ensure that targeted food-insecure and vulnerable populations benefit from more sustainable and inclusive food systems and increased resilience to shocks to meet their food and nutrition needs. Under this CSP, WFP will design and implement interventions to address food and nutrition security challenges, from production through to consumption.
In line with the CSP, WFP will apply its vast comparative advantages including experiences in delivery of food assistance to hundreds of thousands of the most vulnerable in timely, innovative, cost effective and sustainable ways, its deep field presence, logistics and supply chain, partnerships and relationships with national and regional authorities to; a) strengthen national systems and capacities to deliver food and nutrition security; b) contribute to greater efficiency in crisis response interventions; c) ensure access to nutritious food rather than provision while building the national capacities and systems for social protection, emergency preparedness and response and government-led programmes and services; and d) increase resilience by focusing on food systems rather than access to food, through development of integrated solutions that can be scaled up by Government and the private sector.
What will you do?
You will perform monitoring activities at Kousseri and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Why work with us?
- WFP provides food assistance to more than 86 million people in 83 countries, including Cameroon. Your work will have a positive impact on lives of the world’s most vulnerable people.
- You will join a diverse team of professionals and will have an opportunity to exchange your experiences with your colleagues and continuously learning from each other.
- WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentorship and other programs as well as through international mobility opportunities.
- Our team is growing nationally and internationally and the timing to join us cannot be better!
Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!!
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
At this position, you will:
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed, and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Ensure that activities within the Nutrition-HIV section are carried out in accordance with WFP policies and guidelines.
- Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data in COMET (corporate software used for managing programme operations effectively) following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Review partners reports and provide technical feedback to enhance the quality of output and outcome reporting;
- Compile data within the nutrition section and support analysis and report preparation (e.g. food assistance needs, resource use, program status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
Qualifications and Key Requirements
Education: Completion of secondary school education (GCE A Level or Baccalaureat).
Experience: A minimum of 3 years proven work experience with:
- The ability to anticipate deadlines, and plan tasks accordingly.
- The ability to develop collaborative work teams as well as ability to work independently and show initiative.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, supervise and train support staff and to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience analysing programme output and outcome data.
- Experience and knowledge of the nutrition program.
- General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards is a plus.
- Humanitarian experience is a nice to have
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in French. Understanding of the English language would be a competitive advantage.
Deadline for application : Date: 20th January 2021 at 11:59 PM
This position open to Cameroonian citizens only
Terms and Conditions
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in West and Central Africa.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.