Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Application deadline 1 month ago: Sunday 21 Aug 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 5 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 5 (NRC) contracts.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Roles and Responsibilities
As a humanitarian organization, NRC must remain accountable to the affected population it serves. In particular, NRC seeks to regularly engage with affected communities to ensure high program quality. The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer based in Tripoli or Benghazi is to engage in data collection, analysis, reporting and validation activities, and provide direct support to the Line Manager in contributing to quality programming and organizational learning. The M&E officer is responsible for engaging in data collection, analysis, and reporting and validation activities and providing support to the line manager in contributing to quality programming and organizational learning.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
- Contribute to ensuring adherence to the country M&E SOP and strategy
- In collaboration with Information Management staff, ensure monitoring data (actuals and targets) are reported in a timely manner to the relevant reporting systems/tools such as GORS, ITT, etc.
- Maintain accurate documentation related to the M&E system (e.g. monitoring reports, data collection tools/methodologies, indicator profiles, M&E Matrices/Work Plans, documented calculations of indicators) and ensure its proper filing
- Provide M&E technical assistance including capacity building sessions to program staffs on NRC M&E policy, methodology guidance, and tool development.
- Contribute to preparation of data collection for outcome monitoring, beneficiary consultations, and other assessments as needed and following data collection protocols.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Contribute to development of data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of information flow of M&E activities and reporting
- Provide feedback as required on field observations and monitoring findings to the Line Manager.
- Conduct dquality checks on output and outcome-level data
- Ensure adherence to planned schedules, data collection targets, and reporting deadlines
- Contribute to regular M&E reports by analyzing data at the field level and drafting field level recommendations
- Lead the field level implementation of feedback sessions with beneficiaries to share programme improvements and NRC learning to the community
- Facilitate technical discussions and debriefs to review/interpret programme M&E data with relevant NRC program staff
- Support with the creation and maintenance of dashboards.
- Complete data analysis of outcome data and support with qualitative data analysis as well as internal/external reporting where necessary
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are
- Relevant core competency implementation staff
- M&E department
Scale and scope of position
No staff will be directly managed by the postholder
Beneficiaries, partners, and other key stakeholder of the projects as necessary
Will not be required to oversee budget
CO GORs database
Legal or compliance:
Compliant to NRC code of conduct and M&E
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Professional Competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Introspective, proactive, solutions-oriented, and seeks objective feedback from peers and line manager
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal qualities that foster collaboration, buy-in, and acceptance
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Data analysis skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Previous experience collaborating and coordinating with various departments within and across area offices
- Familiarity with NRC’s sectors of programming: Education, Livelihoods, Cash Based Programming, Shelter, Information, Counselling, and Legal Assistance
- Good command of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written
- Knowledge and experience handling complaints and feedback (for temporary gap filling) could be an added advantage
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: Years of Experience: preferably two years
- Prior experience working in humanitarian/recovery settings
- Advanced proficiency in computer skills and data entry
- Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation systems, tools, and processes
- Knowledge of complaint handling systems and approaches preferred
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Behavioral Competencies (max 6)
- Initiating action and change
- Communicative and collaborative
- Analytical abilities
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.