Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator - Information Management Afghanistan Kabul
Application deadline in 1 day: Friday 31 Mar 2023 at 11:57 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 7 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 7 (NRC) contracts.
The role of the M&E Coordinator is to contribute to the Monitoring and Evaluation systems to ensure access to timely and quality data across all areas and programmes of NRC Afghanistan. The M&E Coordinator based in the Country Office, will serve as the key focal point to support the M&E Coordinators in area offices in their reporting tasks, and will be responsible to manage the overall data flow process.
For more details about this position please click here: Job Description and NRC Grade Structure.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E and IM related SOPs, guidance, and tools.
- Capacity building and training of M&E and programme staff on NRC data and reporting systems.
- Participate in tools design and maintenance including M&E matrices on project and area level.
- Manage the timely and quality reporting on NRC’s Global Output and Outcome Reporting System (GORS) on a monthly basis.
- Conduct data quality checks and reviews for existing data on a tri-annual basis including calculations of unique beneficiaries.
- Support grants unit in any donor related reporting.
- Support other units such as liaison and advocacy with the necessary data including the bi-annual report to the government.
- Contribute in Project Cycle Management (PCM) meetings and workshops by presenting achievement progress and highlight any missing data or existing errors.
- Flag to the M&E Manager, HoPS and HoP any gaps or shortfalls in project achievements at appropriate timeframes.
- Support in quantitative and qualitative data analysis for assessments and outcome monitoring exercises.
- Training programme staff on internal tools such as the M&E matrices.
- Support programme PMs and Specialist in database design according to the necessary reporting requirements.
- Act as the key resource point for NRC’s internal mandatory indicators, and ensure their inclusion across all relevant projects.
- Support the Grants and Programmes in logframe development for new projects ensuring the integration of NRC’s global mandatory indicators.
- Coordinate the collection and review of output and outcome data with partners and consortiums.
- Support grants unit in external donor reporting tasks including mapping donor indicators against NRC indicators.
- Support programme staff in planning and measuring the necessary data for reporting according to the pre-agreed definitions of indicators.
- Make sure complete and accurate project information are reported timely to the Country Office by each area office with necessary disaggregation (data by area/location, core competency, gender, type of beneficiaries (IDP, refugees, host community, returnee and other)
- Ensure that the required disaggregation fields is integrated within the programmes Means of Verification (MoV).
- Support senior management in viewing top activities and sectorial achievement through Power-Bi.
- Conduct regular and systematic checks to ensure data is correct and matching across the different data tools and platforms used, including: programme databse, M&E matrix, GORS and Power-Bi.
- Flag any technical issues related to NRC’s Global Output and Outcome Reporting System (GORS) to relevant colleagues in HQ for timely solutions.
- Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, and reports when necessary.
- Support the M&E and Programmes teams in uploading questionnaires on Kobo Tool box through using XLS forms.
- Support quantitative data analysis for project level assessments, including Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM), baseline, endline, KAP surveys,
- Support qualitative data analysis for collected data including FGDs, KIIs and other similar methodologies.
- Support Community Feedback Mechanism (CFM) colleagues in developing and improving the CFM database as well as analysis of feedback trends through interactive dashboards.
- Support the advocacy manager in necessary data analysis according to the advocacy and communication priorities for NRC Afghanistan.
- Inform the M&E Manager of any digital and innovative initiatives including those, which require external consultancies.
- Support in managing and recruiting M&E and data related IM consultancies.
- Train the data collection teams on the use of digital-based data collection using mobile phones/tablets.
- Support the Area Offices in gap filling as and when required.
- Act in the capacity of fellow M&E Coordinators, advisers or Manager when required.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- At least 5 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, of which 2-3 years should be with experience in implementation of M&E or IM systems for an international NGO.
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision-making.
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies.
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision-making and experience with development and roll out of data management tools in support of programme and M&E.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.