Mobilization and Donor relations Officer
Application deadline 6 months ago: Tuesday 16 Mar 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the supervision of the Country Director or the designate, the Mobilization and Donor relations Officer will have to collect, analyse and report on information to develop new and existing government partnerships and maximise resources raised to support WFP programmes.
Specifically, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for the following:
- Support projects and operational activities that maintain and develop government partnerships to maximise resources raised for the programme.
- Contribute to the management of a portfolio of partnerships, providing coordination, data and analysis to support effective solicitation of contributions, donor stewardship and assessment of results.
- Provide support to technical units, RBs and/or COs in order, to assist them, as required, to effectively mobilise donor resources.
- Highlight fundraising opportunities and resourcing issues to stakeholders through briefs and/or participation in the Strategic Programme Review Process (s-PRP) and the Electronic Programme Review Process (e-PRP), in order to ensure that concerns are adequately considered.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting on donors and programmes, to enable informed decision-making and action planning by senior stakeholders.
- Provide regular information to educate new and potential donors on the strategy, design, relevance and impact of programmes, to advocate the work of WFP.
- Track and collate data to support senior managers in developing new strategies to maintain and increase funding from new and traditional donors.
- Represent WFP at international meetings at appropriate levels, sharing information that raises awareness of the government partnerships strategy and objectives, and builds support for WFP activities.
- Work in collaboration with other government partnerships officers to ensure the flow of information and with other WFP units to align activities and ensure donor visibility and that donor conditions are met.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
- Contribute to the Country Office (CO)'s efforts to mobilize resources for effective and timely programme implementation
- Support the CO management by diversifying the donors’ base: maintaining the current donor’s portfolio while identifying new potential donors
- Follow up with funding opportunities via relationship management, information sharing, proposals and reporting
- Build and sustain effective relationships with appropriate donors and stakeholders to further organizational aims:
- Advocate for WFP's activities by frequently engaging with current and potential partners
- Ensure adequate representation and liaison for country-level donors’ consultations and workshops
- Gather and analyse information in order to produce fact-based insights, proposals and reports:
- Capture relevant information and ensure internal and external sharing.
- Ensure quality and timely proposals, briefs and performance reporting (internal and external)
- Collate information in required format to facilitate information sharing and enhance visibility:
- Ensure that all communication items relevant to the resources mobilisation are available and up to date.
- Periodically disseminate programmes' progress and achievements through visibility tools.
- Provide capacity building on resources mobilization as well as technical support to other business areas
- Attend trainings (internal and external) on resource mobilization and reporting
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, International Cooperation, Economics, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field.
Minimum of 03 years of experience in resource mobilization, partnership coordination, communication.
The following will be considered as added assets:
- Experience in supporting projects and operational activities that maintain and develop donor and host government partnerships.
- Routinely provision of coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise.
- Experience in data collection, assistance in drafting resourcing analysis and collaborated with accurate and timely briefs as well as reporting to donors.
- Specific experience/knowledge on aid and technical assistance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, client-orientation, ability to work in a team.
- Familiarity with the UN System and knowledge of UNCTs.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination, Agricultural economics, Food safety and nutrition
Area of expertise details:
Main areas of expertise:
- Partnership building
- Relationship Management
- Communication Expertise
- Resource Mobilisation
- Business Process Support & Technical Guidance
MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel as a minimum) and use of project management software and digital communication tools is desirable.
Accountability, Building Trust, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 16-03-2021