Mental Health Program Specialist
Founded in 1933, the IRC is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. In the U.S., the IRC resettles approximately 11,000 refugees per year and provides numerous program services to assist the refugee from their arrival through citizenship. The IRC in Salt Lake City opened it office in 1994 and provides resettlement services through extended case management to newly arrived refugees for up to 24-months as well as over twenty different programs to educate and empower refugees.
The IRC SLC Health Program works to ensure that newly resettled refugees have access to comprehensive, linguistically and culturally appropriate medical and mental health services. Under the direction of the Mental Health Coordinator, the Mental Health Assistant will be responsible for facilitating access to mental health services through coordinating referrals to clinical agencies with interpretation and transportation.
• Coordinate referrals to individual treatment to clinical agencies and assist with follow-up support for clients identified in need of extra support
• Coordinate with clinical agencies around client referrals, ongoing appointments, and mental health needs
• Enter screening data in Utah Department of Heath RHOS database on a weekly basis
• Coordinate transportation and interpretation for clients who have been referred to clinical mental health services
• Comply with all policies and protocols of the agency
• Other duties as assigned
- One to two years of work experience in mental health; preferably with diverse/refugee population - Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in mental health related field, Psychology or Social Work or equivalent experience - Familiarity with the local mental health care system and refugee resettlement process preferred - Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment and with limited-English speakers - Strong computer skill with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) - Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively - Commitment to the mission of IRC - Valid driver’s license, current insurance and access to reliable transportation required
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.