MEAL Assistant - Re-Advertisment
Application deadline 9 months ago: Sunday 24 Apr 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
Overall purpose of the role:
The MEAL Assistant will work with the MEAL Team Leader to monitor progress and evaluate the effectiveness of planned interventions for the DRC Iraq Programme. S/he will assist with baseline assessments, organize teams of enumerators and field data collection, support with data entry, analysis and reporting
Monitoring, Evaluation and reporting
- Assist the MEAL Team Leader in implementing monitoring and evaluation activities for the field programme.
- Assist in the review MEAL Plans and populate the MEAL Activity Tracker with planned activities.
- Assist in planning and conducting field-level data collection and analysis using different techniques including household surveys, market assessments, focus group discussions and key informant interviews
- Conduct training and supervision of enumerator teams, including checking questionnaires for reliability and consistency.
- Support the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, writing and compiling reports to inform programme development and implementation.
- Compile, sort and analyze the information from field visits. Produce ad hoc and regular reports as required.
- Improve Monitoring and Evaluation department processes and procedures including data collection, data entry into databases, data filing, analysis and report writing.
- Contribute to the development of case studies, success stories and lessons learned reports
- Assist the MEAL Team Leader in implementing accountability activities for the field programme.
- Assist in the update of MEAL Master indicator sheet in coordination with the rest of the MEAL team Iraq
- Assist the Team Leader in the inputs of Donor reports based on collected data and past reports
- Conduct field visits to collect information and observe distribution and program activities. Regular visits Muqdadiyah.
- Collect complaints and feedback when required, by manning the Hotline (only if required).
Data and Information Management
- Maintain up to date databases and records on beneficiaries and activity delivery to ensure timely and easy access by programme teams for activity delivery.
- Conduct data entry, cleaning and analysis into programme databases and ODK systems under the guidance of the MEAL Team Leader.
- Provide regular reports and data to the MEAL Team Leader as well as programme teams to help in activity delivery.
- Make sure the reports produced are placed in the adequate Onedrive folder and circulated
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- Ensure compliance with DRC AGD policy and AGD programmatic minimum standards.
- Ensure compliance with the zero-tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager
Experience and technical competencies:
- (Desirable) experience with Monitoring and Evaluation works
- High-level knowledge and practice with all Microsoft offices products. (Excel, Word, PPT, Onedrive and SharePoint are assets)
- Flexible and willing to learn and apply new workplace skills.
- Team working and supporting my colleagues.
- Focused on delivering best possible results to the organization
- Able to work well with a range of people both within and outside the organization
- Capacity to understand databases
Relevant Bachelors degree
- English (good)
- Kurdish (fluent)
- Arabic (fluent)