Marketing Associate (Database) (GS6), Buenos Aires, Argentina
Application deadline 1 year ago: Tuesday 22 Nov 2022 at 02:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 1,443 USD.
Salary for a G-6 contract in Buenos AiresThe salary of a G-6 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 1,213,312 ARS (~1,443 USD) Please note that depending on the location, a higher post adjustment might still result in a lower purchasing power.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-6 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
Under the general supervision and leadership of the NOB - Database Officer will be in charge of the donors’ database management and the data security plan in compliance with UNICEF rules and industry practices and ready to support DM marketing campaigns implementation in a cost-efficient and secure way.
1.Generate a complete system of periodic reports with updated information tosupport decision making in the individuals fundraising operation.
•Develop and manage a reporting system for the donor database to obtain marketing and financial information to support the individual fundraising area. •Generate reports and information from the different management systems to assist in the development of the strategy and monitoring of the individual fundraising work plan. •Develop periodic reports to ensure the quality and integrity of the database.
•Audit the database at different levels to produce metrics and detect errors and/or anomalies. •Assist in gaining a better understanding of donors, improving the efficiency of marketing campaigns, tailoring each program to the appropriate donor segment in order to achieve the highest profitability and the development of a long-term relationship.
2.Database security and confidentiality procedures, directives and instructions effectively established in concordance with the organization guidelines and regulations •Provide technical support in the correct functioning of systems to manage the data of donors and supporters;•Implement of database security and confidentiality procedures and periodical process to guarantee database integrity; •Manage Database incidents or problems; •Provide technical guidance to partners and vendors; .Provide information for reports, reviews or audits and assist in the implementation of Response Plan of Audits recommendations • Provide technical support to upgrade & maintenance different FR system criteria;
3. Provide help, support and assist with capacity building and knowledge management:
• Provide technical and operational support to end-users; • Provide technical and operational support to partners and vendors; • Support opportunities to improve productively, efficiency, effectiveness and foster innovation; • Effective collaboration with PFP team and other ACO’s areas (ICT) for efficient working processes, advisory functions and general database support;
4. Ensure that administrative tasks and responsibilities are effectively carried out and delivered.
• Understand and apply ACO administrative mechanisms. Search and select reliable and cost-effective suppliers • Assist in the analysis of vendors & preparation of contracts related with Database; • Support supply area in establishing of local LTAs for services and products related with the Database operation; • Follow up administrative procedures and establish/maintain up-to-date documentation in accordance with UNICEF rules. • Ensure the completion of PER by the deadlines • Maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with partners.
5. Monitoring providers practices and industry trends
• Look after and promote innovation and efficiencies and work closely with other DM areas to facilitate proper implementation; • Study and understand the PFP business requirements to improve the delivery of results;
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in systems, database management, computer science, software engineering, information technology management, and/or any related field.
- Fluency in Spanish and English required.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic. We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements. UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.