Marketing Analyst, Europe and New Markets
The External Relations (ER) department was created in February 2020 and is comprised of 3 main but complementary functional areas: Private fundraising, Communications and Advocacy. The ER department is at the beginning stages of creating a radical and ambitious global strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in private income, advocacy and brand awareness. The main objective of the department is to enable this organization of more than 12,000 staff to have the resources needed to continue serving 18 million people worldwide in places affected by war and disaster, shape the humanitarian sector by influencing key policies and reforms, and build and grow IRC’s reputation.
The Analyst will be responsible for providing the core metrics, reports and analysis that underpin Germany, Sweden, and other emerging market’s strategy to growing mass marketing income at the IRC.
- Partner with ER stakeholders to translate broad questions into analysis that will inform strategy.
- Work on all aspects of the analysis pipeline: problem definition, requirements gathering, data cleaning, exploratory analysis, crafting recommendations and translation of findings to nontechnical stakeholders across various functions and levels of the organization. - Develop quantitative analyses, reports, and tests to support targeting and investment decisions. Analysis areas include, but are not limited to, donor segmentation, marketing attribution, external benchmarking, attrition modeling, web and social media analytics, experimental design & A/B testing, net lifetime value. - Create and monitor return on investments, donor lifetime value, sustainer revenue, and churn rate to inform revenue projections and investments in new channels & programs.
- Monitor and analyze behavior of key segments (e.g., leads, sustainers, mid value donors, lapsed donors) to develop an optimized supporter journey across offline and online channels.
- Identify and define key performance indicators; develop and maintain reports and dashboards in Salesforce, and support the development of PowerBi dashboards.
- Collaborate with fellow analytics colleagues to promote standard methodologies in coding, statistics, documentation, and general analysis.
- Work with integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – IRC Global Standards for Professional Conduct.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Curiosity and willingness to explore complex and ambiguous problems and deliver actionable insights through both quantitative and qualitative data analysis. - 1-2 years of professional experience with SQL and/or advanced Excel. - Data visualization and communication skills: ability to “tell a story” with numbers in a variety of formats: PowerPoints, memos, and presentations.
- Strong attention to detail & commitment to a high standard of work product.
- Desire to work in a multi-cultural environment and collaborate with people from different backgrounds and experiences, with a partner-first approach to interacting with stakeholders.
Nice-to-Haves / Areas You Will Grow:
- Exposure to more advanced quantitative and qualitative methods (e.g., experimental design, survey design, econometrics, financial modeling). - Exposure to R, Python, or Stata. - Exposure to relational databases - Familiarity with PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, or other business intelligence tools. - Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM technology. - Knowledge of dimensional modeling. - Exposure to marketing, ecommerce or nonprofit fundraising analytics
· Standard office working environment.
· Some international travel.
· This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
DEI statement: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.