Manager, Mid-Level Giving
The IRC’s External Relations team comprises colleagues and teams delivering marketing, fundraising, brand stewardship, and communications to support this work. As part of External Relations, the Mass Markets USA (MMUSA) program is responsible for raising $60+ million in unrestricted revenue annually in the U.S. market and plays a meaningful strategic role in the creation of the IRC’s brand, awareness, and support for its advocacy goals.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Mid-level Giving, the Manager of Mid-level Giving is a new opportunity aimed at coordinating and growing our integrated mass marketing program for our mid-level donors, bringing them even closer to the IRC’s mission. The Mid-level Giving team is responsible for raising $35+ million annually through a hybrid of integrated mass marketing and high-touch engagement strategies.
The Manager of Mid-level Giving will play a vital role in achieving ambitious revenue goals from donors who give between $1,000 and $19,999 annually to the organization. This position is responsible for project management and day-to-day operations as they will assist in coordinating multi-channel marketing and high-touch cultivation and stewardship activities. In an emergency-driven environment, the ideal candidate will play a key role in helping the team mobilize on all channels (mail, email, telemarketing, SMS, and paid media) and take a hands-on approach to projects. We are seeking a collaborative self-starter with a curious mindset who has a willingness to tackle tasks large and small and the ability to engage professionally with a diverse team to make operational improvements.
Campaign Coordination & Execution (30%):
• Coordinate mid-level direct marketing campaigns across channels (mail, email, telemarketing, SMS, paid media), leading scheduling, copy/art trafficking, mail plans, data quality, landing pages, and vendor interaction.
• Support acknowledgment processes, managing receipts, thank-you calls, and emails for a seamless donor experience.
• Assist in ensuring campaign feasibility, handling project changes, and contribute to detailed project plans for progress monitoring.
Donor Communications & Strategic Planning (30%):
• Manage a junior donor portfolio of 100 donors with a revenue target of $150,000, employing moves management strategies for deeper donor engagement.
• Manage the donor phone line and email inboxes and respond to donor inquiries.
• Contribute to planning discussions and offer insights to evolve packaging, messaging, design, and processes to improve program efficiency.
Systems & Processes Support (20%):
• Support timely data delivery to vendors, considering audiences, segmentation, and assisting with coding and tracking.
• Develop and maintain documentation for team processes, ensure donor data hygiene in our database, and maintain accurate project tracking on Monday.com.
• Track all project budgets, invoices, and related expenses.
Vendor Management (15%):
• Support the day-to-day management of vendors, acting as the main point of contact for scheduling and production issues.
• Ensure timely deliverables, maintain donor data quality, and participate in meetings for program performance review.
Collaboration & Communication (5%):
• Connect with collaborators at all levels to schedule kickoff meetings, project reviews, and ongoing project updates.
• Ensure regular campaign coordination across teams, departments, and external partners; communicate project progress to team members.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or equivalent three years of experience in direct marketing, philanthropy, or development. Transferable experience in other fields is also considered.
• Minimum three years of previous experience leading and implementing complex fundraising (or similar) project management, as well as improving operational processes in a fast-paced office setting.
• Proven project management experience – we want people who can carry projects from beginning to end, think through possible obstacles, and proactively seek creative solutions.
• Experience managing relationships and handling multiple projects, with many partners and vendors, both internal and external, as well as donors.
• Experience coordinating with senior leaders and large teams in a highly constructive and collaborative way is essential.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, copy-editing, and proofreading skills.
• High emotional intelligence and the ability to connect and communicate with a diverse range of personalities.
• Previous direct marketing and/or omnichannel marketing experience preferred.
• Previous non-profit experience preferred.
• CRM experience required (RaisersEdge, TA, Blackbaud, etc.); Salesforce and Springboard experience a plus.
• Digitally literate with sophisticated computer skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; project management tools experience preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Must be pro-active, self-directed, thorough, and organized, as well as work independently in a virtual setting. If you are curious and have creative approaches to problem solving, then this is the role for you!
• Strong social skills to interact professionally with multiple cross-departmental collaborators and donors.
• Ability to task shift and juggle multiple projects; have excellent organizational skills and attention to accuracy and detail.
• Can-do demeanor with the ability to adjust when necessary.
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
• An exceptional customer service orientation and the ability to communicate passionately about the IRC’s work and mission.
• Passionate about international relief issues; embraces the mission and principles of the International Rescue Committee with enthusiasm.
• Dedication to diversity that values all individuals and respects differences regarding race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and socio-economic circumstance.
• Experience and/or interest in working in a non-profit fundraising department or the humanitarian/international relief sector preferred.
• Previous experience managing virtual and in-person donor events.
• Experience with Pardot and Springboard.
This role may work remotely (East Coast Hours), hybrid, or in-person full time. Some occasional travel may be required. If remote, applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled hours.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles. #LI-REMOTE