Logistics Team Leader
Application deadline 8 months ago: Monday 27 Dec 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 6 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 6 (NRC) contracts.
Position: Logistics Team Leader
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Supervision of: Logistics Assistants, Store Clerks, Cleaners and Drivers
Duty station: Arua
Duration and type of contract: 12 Months
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
Shall deputize for the Logistics Coordinator when required and provide technical Line Management and supervision of the procurement & logistics officer, logistics assistants, logistics clerks and store keepers and drivers at West Nile Area Office level.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Management of Logistics Team
- Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio
- Day to day follow of progress in project implementation
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies logistics tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents
- Ensure capacity building of Logistics staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention.
- Provide proper records of Receipts, Purchase orders, Waybills and all other documents to the store clerk to receive stock and assets
- Ensure routine, monthly and or annual stock checks are done and report to the Line Manager.
- Ensure clean and correct Registers or records for all items, inventory and assets for West Nile
- Ensure items in stock are well arranged by Stores Clerk for easy stock taking and issued in First in First out (FIFO) basis.
- Build the capacity of the Store Clerks and support them to ably execute their roles.
- Ensure proper fleet management and vehicle utilization at the area office
- Ensure that assets are properly managed maintained and tracked at the area office
- Ensure proper management of inventory and documentation
- Draft and submit end of month logistics reports to the line manager
- Support the fleet assistant to Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Work with the transport assistant to plan, schedule and monitor transport of staff and material/equipment according to demands and procedures
- Support the transport assistant to ensure that all NRC vehicles are in proper operating condition and coordinate vehicle maintenance
- Work with the transport assistant to train and develop drivers
- Coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of eventualities like accidents and breakdowns
- Work with the transport assistant to ensure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Filing of all vehicle records and reports
- Prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles
- Closely Monitor fueling of vehicles and compile monthly fuel analysis and consumption report for payment.
- Oversee and support the day to day Admin needs of all the West Nile Offices in close coordination with the Office Heads
- Work with Program Heads and Finance and HR to ensure timely submission, reviews and payment of Service Contractors.
- Support on any Procurement related needs as may be requested by the Supervisor
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Procurement planning: All Core Competency heads
- Fleet: Drivers
- Warehouse: Store Keepers
- Logistics team
Scale and scope of position
Logistics Assistants, Stores Keeper, Office Cleaners and Drivers
Internal user departments
Legal or compliance:
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and supply chain management
- At least four (4) years’ experience from working as Logistics Team leader /supervisor in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Post Graduate and or CIPS qualification will be an added advantage
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts with changing priorities
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- proven Experience in coordinating a large quantity of fleet in different locations
- proven experience managing Stores in different locations
- Knowledge of the context West Nile context.
- Knowledge of the local language commonly used in West Nile e.g Swahili.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
2. Behaivioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
- Application is online only; Qualified Uganda Nationals only
- submit application, detailed curriculum vitae and academic documents as a single PDF document by 27th December 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis;
- NRC will at no stage of the recruitment process request candidates to make payments of any kind. Further, NRC has not retained any agent to conduct recruitments on behalf of the organization.
- NRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to Apply