Logistics Associate G6
Application deadline in 2 days: Sunday 24 Oct 2021 at 16:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries. 2. Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations. 3. Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement. 4. Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process. 5. Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialised queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set. 6. Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards. 7. Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary. 8. Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity. 9. Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration. 10. Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor. 11. Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making. 12. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery. 13. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities. 14. Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
15. other task as require.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Supply Chain Management and Optimization Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners. Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals. Information Management & Reporting Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends. Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently. Warehouse and Inventory Management Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation. Technical Assistance and Coordination Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
At least 6 years of experience mentioned below:
• Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock. • Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts. • Experience in compiling contract documentation. • Experience in contract execution. • Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
24 October 2021, at 23:59 Timor Leste time.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.