Application deadline in 9 days: Thursday 9 Dec 2021 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-5 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 5 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 2,035 USD.
Salary for a G-5 contract in HarareThe salary of a G-5 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 2,035 USD
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-5 contracts.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Within the WHO Country Office (WCO), to provide support and services in the preparation of pre-requisites and the initiation of Procurement and Inventories Management, and Travel and Meetings Management in related transactions in GSM to both managers and staff members to perform GSM transaction in accordance with WHO rules, regulations and policies
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Logistics Assistant reports to the Procurement Officer and Operations Officer and provides support to both managers and staff members in performing GSM transactions in the following areas:
- Assists international staff with importations, purchasing and registration of their payment and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors office space requirements in liaison with relevant units as required.
- Coordinates and provides sound transport management service in WHO country office.
- Assesses the transport need and develops transport plan to ensure availability of transport for the planned activities of WHO country office
- Monitors the movement of WHO vehicles in accordance with the rules and the regulation of WHO
- Manages the inventory of WHO vehicles and ensures that the vehicles are road worthy
- Acts as focal point with external contractors for vehicle maintenance; evaluates the quality of maintenance conducted on WHO vehicles and provides technical advice when required
- Ensures proper management of radio HF and VHF communication network
- Follows up the process of annual inspection and insurance policy for all WCO vehicles
- Manages allocation of office space and equipment to staff members in collaboration with the administrative services team
- The incumbent will serve as back up to the team member’s in similar or different positions within the WCO.
- Assists in the production of reports, statistics, and/or information material when required;
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor
Essential: Work requires completion of secondary school education with training of general administrative practices with focus on Logistics, Procurement and Travel practices, theories and procedures.
Desirable: Training in logistics, supplies/procurement and travel. Training in UN/HR systems in an advantage.
Essential: At least five (5) years of experience in administrative positions preferably with several years' experience in the UN and have a sound knowledge of its rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work.
Desirable: Experience with UN or other international or multi-national organizations. Experience working as an executive assistant in WHO/UN.
- Work requires the use of word processing or other software packages, and standard office equipment. Formal or self-training in the use of standard office software. Training in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
- Work requires the use of: word processing facilities to create, edit, format and print correspondence and documents; spreadsheet and visual presentation software; e-mail and scheduling software to improve communications both internally and externally; Oracle/GSM for administrative matters
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing results
- Fosters integration and team work
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential - Fluency in spoken and written English