Local Trainers (4) to conduct Electoral Schools for Vulnerable Groups in Marzes of RA
Application deadline 1 year ago: Sunday 29 Aug 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
In response to a formal request from the Government of the Republic of Armenia to provide electoral assistance and based on recommendations of the UN Needs Assessment Mission and subsequent Desk Review for the pre-term elections,, UNDP has developed this project to assist the Armenian stakeholders in holding of parliamentary elections on 20 June 2021, as well as in longer term transformation and capacity building of electoral management bodies. The immediate assistance for June 2021 parliamentary elections focused on strengthening institutional capacities of the Central Electoral Commission of Armenia to ensure smooth process of voter authentication, introduce health and safety measures to mitigate the risks of COVID-19 and conduct voter awareness especially tailoring women and people with disabilities followed by the lessons learned exercise to identify areas for improvement and long-term UN assistance.
In the framework of the Project, electoral schools for local activists from vulnerable groups will be organized to help the mentioned groups (national minorities, people leaving in rural and remote areas)_, to engage more actively in community affairs, including participation in local elections as voters and candidates. Towards this purpose, the UNDP Electoral Support Project in Armenia-3 will work with the population groups, which are underrepresented in the decision-making processes, to claim their electoral rights, effectively contribute to the local decision-making, multiply the knowledge among broader citizenry and popularize electoral rights.
The training course will cover the key aspects of the legislation that establishes the procedure for conducting national and local elections, and its practical usage. Particular attention will be paid to the ways in which the electoral laws, rules and procedures impact the ability of women and men, youth, national minorities, people with disabilities, other underrepresented groups to participate in elections and the political process.
Participants of the course will become familiar with different types of electoral systems, election administration procedures, stakeholders of the electoral process and their role to ensure gender equality in elections, campaign regulations, election financing as well as effective exercise of the passive and active electoral rights.
Trainers will give special attention to international standards and best international practices of the issues to be discussed during the course, the problems of electoral legislation and its practical usage, as well as possible solutions to these problems in order to train participants to advocate for electoral law reform at different levels.
As a result of passing the course, the participants should be capable to interpret and analyze electoral legislation and legislation drafts, understand its trends, will know how to exercise their electoral rights effectively. Trainings will be carried out in an interactive manner and will focus on practical exercises and work in “small groups” and analysis of the problematic issues on election law.
The target audiences of the course are civil society activists, students, voters of Armenia from underrepresented groups, including national minorities, people leaving in rural and remote areas, who are interested in increasing their electoral knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the ESPA Chief Technical Advisor, the incumbent will be responsible to provide training services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery.
Under the direct supervision of the Project manager and Chief Technical Advisor, the expert will implement the following tasks:
- Participate in three days Training of Trainers (TOT) in September in Yerevan (3 days);
- Contribute to the review of the training materials and their adjustment to the local context by adding sessions related to the organization of local elections in Armenia (3 days);
- Contribute to the organization of five two-days electoral schools in 5 marzes in Armenia (inviting participants, arranging training facility, accommodation, transportation and meal for trainers and participants in close collaboration with UNDP ESPA team) (3 days);
- In pair with other electoral training expert, conduct five two-days electoral schools in 5 marzes for up to 15 participants each (10 days);
- Conduct pre- and post-testing of the participants and prepare their analysis (1 days);
- Provide UNDP ESPA team with the signed registration list, photos and videos from the event;
- Any other activity related to the organization and conduct of five two-days electoral schools as requested by CTA.
Based on conducted activities the expert should submit a report to UNDP which will include description of the activities undertaken and results.
- Five two-days electoral schools in 5 marzes conducted;
- Final training deliverable report developed approved by CTA
Sept 3-October 15, 2021 (20 days )
- The incumbent will be paid a lump sum, provided the expected outputs are delivered.
- Payments will be conducted upon completion of the tasks and confirmation of UNDP CO delivery of the contract obligations in a satisfactory manner.
- Evaluation of delivered Output is the responsibility of the Chief Technical Advisor or Project Coordinator
- The Project will provide the accommodation and meal for the trainings in marzes as well as in-country transportation.
- The project will bear the cost of the approved international and in-country travels in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong project communication, organizational and team-working skills
- Ability to negotiate and to troubleshoot relationships with variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to adapt quickly to new work environments, to establish and maintain good working relations with individuals of different backgrounds, and to work under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, economics, language, management, law, political science, international relations, or related field of studies.
- Minimum 2 (two) years of experience in conducting trainings
- Experience in electoral area
- Knowledge of electoral systems and processes is an asset
- Fluency in Armenian is required (written and oral). Advanced Russian or English will be a strong asset
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal.The contract will be awarded to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- Financial Proposal and Availability form: OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP (A total lump sum option is applicable for this assignment)
- CV shall include Education/Qualification, Processional Certification, Employment Records /Experience
General Conditions of Contract is available here: GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents that should be included in the application in one single PDF file and upload it).