Local Expert-practitioner on revision of State Education Standard and corresponding Modular Program for professional occupation “Operations of Computers”
Application deadline 3 months ago: Sunday 14 Aug 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
The Project aims at supporting the fulfilment of youth’s potential and wellbeing in the regions of Armenia through youth economic empowerment, including improved education opportunities, facilitated labour market transition and fostered entrepreneurship across 4 target regions of Armenia: Kotayk, Gegharqunik, Vayots Dzor and Syunik provinces.
The Project sets out to achieve the following 3 objectives:
- Objective 1: Increase the employability of the youth in vocational education and training by addressing the mismatch of the labor market demand and supply sides.
- Objective 2: Facilitate transition to work for the youth in the target regions.
- Objective 3: Support economic empowerment of young people in the target regions, especially in rural and remote areas.
Within the 1st objective the Project is addressing challenges of vocational education and training system, its responsiveness to the regional labor market demand, the necessity for new or updated competency-based State education standards and corresponding curricula to form a labor force as per requirements of the regional employers representing export-potential and emerging economic sectors of Armenia across 4 target regions of the Project.
For the informed decision-making, the Project Management jointly with the National Center for TVET Development responsible for the introduction of new and revision of the existing Sate Education Standards in TVET sector has reviewed acting list of education programs currently delivered by the TVETIs across 4 target regions of the Project and cross-referenced the qualifications currently delivered by the TVETs to the occupations demanded by the local labor market.
Based on the results of the assessment it was decided together with the National Center for TVET Development to initiate the revision of 2 State Education Standards with the 2 Modular Programs for 2 vocational trades highly demanded by the regional labor markets: Computers operator (preliminary level of professional education) and Technician on assembling and maintenance of gas supply equipment and systems (middle-level of professional education).
The development of the proposed State education standard and Modular Program is dating back to 2013. So, there is a need to revise it in 2022.
The revised State Education Standard along with the Modular Program will help to form a labor force that will better match the current requirements of the regional employers in the said areas.
It is noteworthy mentioning that the Project addressing competency-based content of the State Education Standards as well as Modular programs will contribute to the formation of more employable labor force for the above-mentioned occupations addressing needs of youth enrolled into formal professional education as well as adults enrolled into non-formal short-term modular programs thus reaching wider segments of population and contributing to the formation of competitive human resources with better access to income and decent jobs as a way to assure economic resilience of the target regions.
The subcomponent of the Project on revision of the State education standard with the corresponding modular program will be implemented by a team of local experts (working group/WG) led by a task lead. A team of local experts (WG) must be comprised of 3 members: 1. Compliance Expert from National Center of VET development as national body responsible for development and revision of Sate Education Standards; 2. Education Expert on the subject matter from relevant education and training institutions, and 3. Expert-practitioner representing employers’ community on the subject matter.
Revision of the State Education Standard as well as Modular Program is aligned to the procedures currently applied by the National Center of VET Development. Accordingly, occupational descriptor has to be reviewed and formulated based on the information to be collected to define the scope of professional activities for accountant. In the occupational descriptor the key focus has to be around clarification of professional role, identification of problem areas of job responsibilities, clarification of work processes and performance indicators for accountant. It is also expected to define requirements for knowledge, skills and capabilities, level of computer literacy and language skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Local Expert-practitioner on Operations of Computers for preliminary level of professional education will work under the direct supervision of “Unleashing Employment and Income Generating Opportunities for Youth in the Regions of Armenia” Project Coordinator and in close cooperation with the Task Lead and other WG members.
An expert-practitioner on revision of State Education Standard and corresponding Modular
Program for ä Computers Operator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review and clarify occupation and qualification definitions in accordance with the current demand of the labor market
- Identify the problem areas relevant to the responsibilities of a Computers Operator
- Clarify the work processes and to define work performance indicators with given qualification level (preliminary level of professional education)
- Define the scope of professional responsibility of a Computers Operator given qualification level
- Define the requirements relevant to knowledge, skills, capabilities, computer literacy, language skills of an accountant with given qualification level.
1. Revised Education Standard for Operators of computers is in place
October 15, 2022
2. Revised Modular Program for Operators of Computers is in place
November 15, 2022
3. Revised Education Standard with corresponding Modular Program for Operators of Computers is accepted by the National Center of TVET Development
November 30, 2022
Payment will be made in the following instalments upon completion of the tasks under each output and approval of deliverables by the UNDP country office:
- Deliverable 1: 50%
- Deliverable 2 and 3: 50%
- Good knowledge of computer maintenance and operations
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of the principles of competency-based education standards and working experience to address them
- Strong partnership, systems and team-working skills and focus on results
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage set priorities
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in applied mathematics, engineering, IT.
- A relevant university degree in combination with qualifying experience in may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Knowledge and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in computer operations
- At least 3 years of experience in development of short-term and long-term modular programs and trainings in IT-based occupations.
- Excellent written and oral Armenian language skills
- Good command of English and Russian languages is an asset
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal.The contract will be awarded to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- Financial Proposal and Availability form: OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP (A total lump sum option is applicable for this assignment)
- CV shall include Education/Qualification, Processional Certification, Employment Records /Experience
General Conditions of Contract is available here: GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents that should be included in the application in one single PDF file and upload it).