Local Consultants: C4D Consultant for COVID-19 Vaccination - 11 Months
Application deadline 2 months ago: Friday 7 May 2021Open application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
UNICEF has been an active partner of the Government of the Philippines and civil society in realizing the rights of every Filipino child, in line with priorities to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. UNICEF efforts have been focused on the most vulnerable regions identified by the Government of the Philippines Development Plan, particularly in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao. To ensure that interventions are sustainable and scaled up, UNICEF will support primarily local government units (LGUs) as the main instruments of delivering services and building systems. The level of engagement with government institutions will take into account capacities, economies of scale and sector issues.
It has a field office in Cotabato City, the second largest city in Mindanao, southern Philippines, with some 300,000 population. The city is the regional administrative centre of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao and over 80 percent of the population is Muslim. Mindanao is both conflict-affected and prone to frequent earthquakes and typhoon storms.
Visit this link for more information on Philippine Country Office: https://www.unicef.org/philippines/
How can you make a difference
- The consultant is expected to assist and work closely with the H&N C4D specialist in the day-to-day activities, including technical support to and coordination with implementing partners, service providers, and government counterparts to facilitate the delivery of UNICEF’s technical support.
1. Assist in strategic planning and implementation/delivery of UNICEF’s SBCC technical support to national and sub-national governments primarily on demand generation for COVID-19 vaccination and routine immunization.
2. Provide technical support in the development and implementation of demand generation activities in UNICEF-supported areas, including analysis of social data, communication planning, development/adaptation of communication materials, conduct of community engagement activities, M&E, and documentation.
3. Support the drafting of TORs for technical services, partnerships, and creative briefs for the development and production of knowledge products, as needed.
4. Monitor, provide technical support and guidance to and coordinate with service providers, implementing partners, and government counterparts to facilitate the delivery of SBCC support to government.
5. Conduct field visits in UNICEF-supported areas for monitoring and on-site coaching to document good practices, innovations, and human interest stories; and address specific issues and challenges related to the implementation of activities.
6. Participate and provide inputs in key meetings and/or documents on demand generation at the national and sub-national levels. 7. Support the planning and implementation of digital communication activities including content development; and special events to COVID-19 vaccination and preventive actions.
8. Support in the preparation of internal and/or external updates on UNICEF’s demand generation support for COVID-19 vaccination. Coordinate with and collect data and information from partners for inclusion in project or accomplishment reports and presentations.
9. Support development of case studies from the field for documentation and advocacy. 10. Support development of donor reports.
* Perform other related tasks as may be required, including other SBCC activities related to the promotion of essential services and positive H&N behaviors.
- Inception report with a situation analysis and specific recommendations, if any, on technical support to be provided at national and sub-national levels - Monthly progress report indicating support provided in the implementation/delivery of UNICEF support to government, with key issues and recommendations, if any. - Progress report: * indicating technical support provided to government and implementing partners, remotely and on-site, on the key components of demand generation. * and draft TORs for technical services, partnerships, and creative briefs for the development and production of knowledge products. * with evidence of the technical support to the service providers and implementing partners; tracker indicating implementing partners and service providers engaged to support RCCE implementation, timeline, status, budgets, payments, and other key details. * on specific technical support provided and trip reports with evidence and findings linked to recommendations; documentation of good practices, innovations, and human interest stories * with notes or highlights from the key meetings, with actions points; saved in a common folder and with a tracking sheet developed to track the action points assigned to UNICEF. * indicating technical inputs provided in support of digital communication activities; social media content conceptualized and/or developed * indicating number of internal and external updates prepared and shared. * indicating case studies that can be documented and used for advocacy activities.
- Inputs in donor report.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Communication, Mass Communication, or related fields.
- Communication Theory and Principles in Public Health Communication. Specific background in Communication for Immunization is an advantage.
At least 3 Years experience in the following:
- Strategic Communication Planning Process, Social Data and Behaviour Analysis, Research and Evaluation of Communication Interventions.
- Development and Production of Knowledge Products including the Preparation of Creative Briefs, Content Development and Editing, and Pre-Testing.
- Field Level Experience including Working with Local Government Units, Local and Community Leaders, Community-Based Organizations; and Use of Local Communication and Networking Channels to Promote Behaviours.
• Knowledge of Local Government Mandates and Planning and Budgeting Processes is an advantage.
• Experience working with UN or UNICEF, directly or indirectly, on Health or Immunization, an advantage.
• Strong Analytical and Written and Oral Communication Skills; People and Leadership Skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 07 May 2021. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 539907 will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit a COVER LETTER, and the duly filled P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc indicating three (3) previous supervisors. Please indicate your area of assignment, ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
"UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles."