Livelihoods & Food Security Coordinator Nigeria Mubi
Application deadline 6 months ago: Friday 11 Mar 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 7 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 7 (NRC) contracts.
The purpose of the Livelihood and Food Security Coordinator position is to lead and supervise the implementation of all livelihoods and food security projects.
Position: Livelihoods and Food Security Coordinator
Level: Grade Level 7 (Nigerian National)
Reports to: Livelihoods and Food Security Manager
Duty station: Mubi
Travel: 50% travel to other implementing LGA's
Duration and type of contract: 10 Months (till Dec. 31 2022 - Renewable)
- Under the Project Manager, the Livelihoods and Food Security coordinator provides technical oversight of all aspects of the relevant project.
- Conduct regular visits to the project implementation areas and provide feedback to the Monitoring and Evaluation system in order to assess the effectiveness of the project and impact and propose recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinate project activities including coordination with community leaders and relevant government authorities to select project's participants through pre-set eligibility criteria as per the project technical description.
- Guarantee community involvement at all phases of the activities to ensure the development of community ownership for the projects.
- Record and document good practices, lesson learnt, and establish a database in coordination with Monitoring and Evaluation to capture Livelihoods and Food Security program performance.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports to Project Manager on project activities, within the agreed deadlines as required
- Participate in conducting trainings and support field team for organizing trainings and required material (technical curriculum, guideline notes, etc.)
- Support in developing guidance and tools for Livelihoods and Food Security assessment, baseline, end line, monitoring, planning, survey and progress along with the Monitoring and Evaluation team.
- Work collaboratively with NRC’s logistics and finance staff as required to process Purchase Requests (PR) for project activities.
- In collaboration with the Food Security Project Manager and Area Manager, play a key role in recruiting Food Security field staff.
- In coordination with the Livelihood and Food Security Project Manager, represent NRC in coordination meetings with local authorities and NGOs when required.
- Any other additional responsibilities as delegated by the line manager.
- University degree in Agricultural engineering, Food & Agribusiness, Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Agricultural extension, Education or other related field.
- At least four years’ experience working with a national or international NGO or United Nations agency in the northeast of Nigeria.
- At least two years of experience managing program staff and implementation in the field with experience in education preferred.
- Understanding of data collection, analysis, and documentation of results.
- Experience mobilizing communities and interacting with government education authorities.
- Analytic and computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral required.