Lifeguard - Swimming Instructor
Application deadline 2 months ago: Sunday 27 Nov 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
Result of Service - To offer excellent services to client's satisfaction and sort to encourage growing repeat business.
Service must be in tandem with the standard operating procedure of the profession while instructing
Work Location NAIROBI
Expected duration 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the respective office of the Secretary-General. UNON supports program implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Program UNHABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). This post is in the office of United Nations Office at Nairobi, Central Support Services (CSS), Commercial Operations Unit (COU). Under the supervision of the Unit Chief.
The incumbent provides specialized support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of the UN Recreation Centre.
The UN Recreation Centre (UNRC) is open for membership to UN staff members and the diplomatic community. The UNRC has over the years recognized the need to keep pace with the growing sophistication and demands of members, so it offers a sports facility that meets their fitness and health goals. The facility has a state-of-the-art gym, with separate cardio as well as weights section and is equipped with Technogym machines. All the equipment is of the highest quality, well designed ergonomically and bio-mechanically precise.
UNRC is seeking a lifeguard cum swimming instructor to provide professional lifeguarding service as well as swimming coaching, teaching classes and program design to United Nations Recreation Centre members and guests. The incumbent works towards creating excellence in the fitness center reporting directly to UNRC Manager.
Responsibilities will include.
- Providing professional life guarding services to United Nations Recreation Centre members and or guests. The life guard works towards creating excellence in the Fitness Centre reporting directly to the Head Instructor
- Maintaining constant surveillance of members in the swimming pool; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of members in the event of emergency.
- Providing first aid care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Always presenting a professional appearance and attitude and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performing various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Provide professional swimming activities that include coaching, teaching classes and program design to United Nations Recreation Centre members and or guests.
- Carrying out swimming lessons for both members and non-members.
- Double-checking that the administrative assistants at the reception reserve swimming lesson bookings correctly.
- Promoting swimming lessons to both members and non-members for purposes of increasing sales.
- Recording all the services rendered to members for purposes of accountability.
- Have a client database or profile in his/her record.
- Advice clients on swimming related matters.
Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications/special skills- High School Certificate/Diploma is required.
- Certificate/Diploma in lifeguarding and swimming instructor or related qualifications is required.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a reputable organization / setting offering fitness or related services is required.
- CPR/first aid Certified is required.
Languages Fluency in oral and written English required.
No Fee THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.