IT Operations Assistant G5- WFP Regional Bureau for Asia& the Pacific (Bangkok, Thailand)
Application deadline 2 months ago: Sunday 20 Nov 2022 at 18:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: IT Operations Assistant Vacancy Number: 177762 Contract Type: Fixed-Term G5 Duration: 12 months (renewable) Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Date of Publication: 04 November 2022
Deadline of Application: 20 November 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Thailand.
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including tax-free salary, pension, leave plus medical insurance.
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
- With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
- Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related fields is an advantage.
Work Experience: Minimum five years of responsible work experience in IT Service Support, IT Systems Support, Software Development, Network management, Telecommunications Services and Provision or related areas of IT support and development.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Good task management skills with experience of engaging and supporting both technical and no-technical colleagues.
- Computer systems, Networks, Software development, Databases and Data Analysis, Internet technologies, Software requirements definition, Agile, Human Centered Design, Customer Service Orientation, Problem solving, social media tools, Digital Transformation.
- Very strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office365 Suite of tools and services.
- ITIL, Project Management, Application Lifecycle management.
- Familiarity with IT related administration tasks dealing with budget and finance, vendors, and contracts.
- Writing/editing skills for a variety technical grade documentation.
- Operate effectively under pressure and changing priorities and to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team as required.
- Willingness to travel and work in the field if required.
Language: Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English and Thai.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse**, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service