IT Assistant - Non-staff (Special Services Agreement) - G5 - Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Application deadline 5 months ago: Wednesday 17 Aug 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a No grade contract. More about No grade contracts.
The World Health Organization, Uganda Country Office is looking for a qualified and competent Ugandan national to fill the following vacant position:
The Country Office IT Assistant is assigned the following major duties or any other related responsibilities, as may be required, by his/her hierarchical supervisors commensurate with the area of responsibility:
- Support users in all application, software and hardware related issues;
- Respond, in a timely basis, to users’ requests and update the FAQ and QA database accordingly;
- Record and manage requests using the official Ticket System software
- Ensure the troubleshooting of computers, printers and other devices;
- Install, configure and maintain standard desktop configurations;
- Install and support printers, scanners and other similar devices;
- Generate and maintain standard desktop configuration images for each model of desktop/laptop;
- Ensure software and applications’ troubleshooting;
- Install necessary specific drivers and applications on computers;
- Contribute to the delivery of end-users’ trainings in office applications, such as Microsoft office suite and other tools;
- Provide IT support during meetings held in the office;
- Install and configure mobile devices (smartphones, tablets) as necessary;
- Support the identification of staff ITM capacity and skills gaps, propose and implement agreed skill enhancement and training measures.
- Performs other duties as required.