International Operations Manager, Abuja, Nigeria, P-4
Application deadline in 11 days: Wednesday 15 Feb 2023 at 17:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-3 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 5 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 74,649 USD and 97,747 USD.
Salary for a P-3 contract in AbujaThe international rate of 74,649 USD, with an additional 0% at this the location, applies.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-3 contracts and their salaries.
The International Operations Manager (IOM) plays a leading role in supporting the delivery of the UNFPA country programme, which aims to realize the 2030 Agenda in order to make a positive difference in the lives of millions of people. Under the guidance of the Representative, the IOM leads strategic planning for UNFPA operations, setting of management targets, and outsourced services.
The IOM leads a broad portfolio ranging from:
- Finance Management
- Human Resources
- Travel and Logistics
- Common service
- Security of UNFPA premises and staff.
The IOM advises the Representative on course correction; compliance, cost effectiveness; and creative responses to emerging complex challenges.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You are accountable for supporting the effective development and delivery of an innovative Country Programme focused on population and development and universal access to sexual and reproductive health and rights, including maternal health, family planning, gender, and adolescent and youth empowerment.
Through delivery of effective programmes, including in emergency settings, you serve on the frontline, supporting the organization’s ability to deliver high quality results. Your ultimate accountability is to the people that you serve; the most vulnerable, excluded, or marginalized and for the causes that you serve; human rights, sustainable development and humanitarian relief.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advance degree from an accredited university in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration or Business Administration, Economics, Management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years of experience in development in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi-cultural setting, including 3 or more years’ experience in managing teams in a complex organizational setting.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, focus on impact and result, and respond positively to feedback.
- Solid knowledge in procurement, financial and human resources management, contract, asset, and information and communication technology.
- Ability to lead business process re-engineering, to implement new systems, and to positively affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal changes.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting, formulation and monitoring of projects/programmes.
- Experience in international development and dedication to the principles of the United Nations.
- Field experience is essential; humanitarian context is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to sustain and advance current partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic vision and focus by successfully communicating and implementing priorities based on clear deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for team decisions, providing the rationale as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to provide team managers with the needed direction to achieve results and hold them accountable.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages is desirable.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.