Application deadline in 9 days: Friday 19 Aug 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Internship contract. More about Internship contracts.
Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS hosts the Stop Tuberculosis Partnership Secretariat (STBP) as of 1 January 2015, in Geneva, Switzerland. The vision of the Stop TB Partnership is to realize the goal of elimination of Tuberculosis (TB) as a public health problem and, ultimately, to obtain a world free of TB by ensuring that every TB patient has access to effective diagnosis, treatment and cure; stopping transmission of TB; reducing the inequitable social and economic toll of TB; and developing and implementing new preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic tools and strategies. The Stop Partnership is uniquely positioned to support the development and further implementation by partners of the current and future Global Plan, acting as a coordinator and catalyst for the range of partners engaged in the fight against TB.
Founded in 2001, the Stop TB Partnership's mission is to serve every person who is vulnerable to TB and ensure that quality-assured treatment is available to all who need it. Stop TB partners include international and technical organizations, government programmes, research and funding agencies, foundations, NGOs, civil society and community groups and the private sector.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and in close collaboration with the other team members, the intern will assist with the functions of Programme Officers. The interns will be exposed to various functional areas in accordance to the service lines performed at the UNOPS-hosted Stop TB Partnership: his/her main tasks will be related to one of two work streams in the following areas:
Work Stream 1 - Global Drug Facility (GDF) Quality Assurance (QA)
- Data entry and analysis of information provided by manufacturers and suppliers in the registration module of the GDF Centralized Data Portal (CDP).
- Correspond and liaise with manufacturers to obtain QA-related missing data.
- Update the existing country requirements for product registration.
- Support the GDF QA team in updating data for the Quality Management System (checking and updating various certificates expiry and validity dates).
- Coordinate with other GDF units to ensure all assigned tasks are on track.
- Collect data and prepare briefs, analyses, business documents and presentation materials for the team.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Work Stream 2 - Global Drug Facility (GDF) Diagnostics Procurement and Supply Chain
- Work together with the diagnostics procurement and supply team to identify any gaps related to documentation or key information relevant to national customs.
- Draft the shipments documentation according to the transport type (general, cold, or dangerous cargo) and work together with the diagnostics procurement and supply steam to make sure the planning of the order is optimized to meet the needs of GDF clients.
- Draft a plan/timeline for the contractual calls with supply partners and organize the calls accordingly.
- Review the current structure of the diagnostics folders in the SharePoint and propose changes to improve organization
- Draft a visual plan (gantt chart) for the diagnostics and medical devices tenders for the suppliers .
Education: - Completion of secondary school or equivalent is required
- Applicants should be enrolled in a university programme such as Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. (or the equivalent) or have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the application date of the internship.
Experience: - The candidates should have some experience (volunteer or paid) in areas such as administration, communications, project support, public health, research or development.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration - Internship
Contract type: Internship Contract level: N/A Contract duration: 12 Months
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Internships-and-volunteering.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- Geneva, Switzerland is a UN family duty station
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.