Institutional Partnership Technical Officer Switzerland
Application deadline 26 days ago: Sunday 4 Sep 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 6 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 6 (NRC) contracts.
NRC Geneva is looking for an experienced, dynamic and organised Institutional Partnership Technical Officer to work within the NRC Geneva Partnership Unit. The Unit is responsible for NRC's global advocacy and strategic relationships with UN agencies and Swiss government institutions, as well as for the development and implementation of NRC's strategic framework on humanitarian financing policy.
Come join our team!
What you will do
The purpose of the Institutional Partnership Technical Officer is to provide technical support to the Partnership Unit in Geneva. The Technical Officer will support the day-to-day implementation of various workstreams across the institutional partnership and humanitarian financing policy portfolios and workplans, while ensuring contributions to the broader strategic goals of the Unit.
As an Institutional Partnership Technical Officer, you will:
- Work closely with the Head of Partnership Unit to strengthen internal processes to track engagement opportunities with internal and external counterparts and monitor workstreams across the portfolio to identify linkages and ensure coordinated follow up
- Support new and cross-cutting partnership and policy workstreams currently under development and linked to NRC's Global Strategy (e.g., on areas such as collaboration with local actors, diversified partnerships, system-wide change initiatives, etc.)
- Synthesise various sources of information to identify, summarise, and share key points as relevant from the NRC perspective; ensure constantly updated internal information sources on relevant subject areas
- Provide organisational, logistical, and coordination support for ongoing and new initiatives
- Support strategic partnership with UN agencies and other institutional partners as requested
- Support the capacity-building portfolio of the partnership team, including delivering online sessions and supporting other activities aimed at enhancing compliance
- Any other task and responsibilities falling under the PnP role mandate, as instructed by the line manager.
If you are curious and would like to learn more about this opportunity, please see here for the full job description.
What you will bring
- Knowledge of the humanitarian field, plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience within relevant contexts
- Professional knowledge of institutional and strategic partnerships, relationship management, and global- or local-level humanitarian policy processes
- Experience developing and delivering training and supporting internal capacity building
- Fluency in English, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and strong organisational and coordination skills
- Experience balancing day-to-day operational activities with broader strategic support across a diverse portfolio of work
What makes this position attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity with an international team dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee;
- An exciting opportunity to provide support to the implementation of workstreams across the institutional partnership and humanitarian financing policy portfolios;
- A 12-month full-time contract with the possibility to extend (note: candidates need to be EU/EFTA citizens or have a valid work permit for Geneva, Switzerland in order to be eligible for this role (please ensure to include this information in your application);
- Salary and benefits according to NRC Geneva’s salary scale and terms and conditions;
- Flexible working arrangements according to the NRC Geneva Hybrid working policy.
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the beneficiaries that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Are you interested? Please apply through our online application tool, and make sure to attach a cover letter and your CV. We look forward to receiving your application!
For reasons related to the procedure for work permits in Switzerland, only candidates with an EU/EFTA nationality or a valid work permit for Geneva, Switzerland can be considered for this role. Kindly specify your permit in the application if relevant
We look forward to receiving your application!