Individual Consultancy: Revise and improve quality of ASR Curriculum materials
Application deadline 4 days ago: Wednesday 1 Dec 2021 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Education
How can you make a difference?
1. Background: UNICEF Mozambique and Save the Children (SC), in partnership with the Mozambican Ministry of Education and Human Development (MINEDH), implemented an Accelerated School Readiness (Preparando-se para a entrada na escola!) pilot Programme from 2016 to 2019 for 5/6 years old children in three district of Zambézia province.
The Programme included: i. a 120-hour summer school readiness Programme for children aged 5 to 6, implemented by trained community volunteers; ii. Strengthening of school councils and local education professionals to support school readiness opportunities for children into primary school; and finally, iii: 12 weeks of parent-to-parent education sessions, conducted by trained parents in home settings to improve the skills of caregivers of children aged 5 to 6 to promote early success in school.
As part of the pilot Programme, two major assessments were conducted to measure the impact of the Programme in the three above mentioned components, namely: Midline impact evaluation and Endline evaluation.
The Endline evaluation report, demonstrated the impact of the Programme on three areas of impact and stated recommendations to be taken in consideration to improve the quality of the ASR Curriculum materials, and also, other aspects related to its implementation (more details on the attached Impact Evaluation Reports). These recommendations were turned into the ASR EMR, which needs to be fulfilled by the end of 2021.One of the recommendations of the report, was to revise and improve the ASR curriculum materials through 3-days workshop with the Implementing partners and stakeholders, which was conducted in April 2021 and specific list of needed changes were developed.
Following to these developments, we would like to hire an expert consultant to: Revise and improve the ASR curriculum materials based on the recommendations of the ASR impact evaluation report, Recommendation from the ASR curriculum material revision and Recommendations from the ASR Evaluation Management Response.
2. Objective: The selected consultant will provide the following services: 2.1. Revise, unify and improve the content and layout of the ASR curriculum materials including adding logos, etc, based on the recommendations from the ASR impact evaluation report, the ASR Evaluation Management Response, and the report from the ASR curriculum material revision.
3. Deliverables and payments
Delivery timeframe: 7 days
• Develop the methodology strategy to perform the work.
• Integrate all recommended changes and improvement into the Training Manual,
• Integrate all recommended changes and improvement into the ASR 8 weeks curriculum,
• Integrate all recommended changes and improvement into the ASR Child exercise book including illustrations.
Delivery timeframe: 7 days
• Integrate all recommended changes and improvement into the parent-to-parent training program,
• Integrate all recommended changes and improvement into the 13 parent-to-parent sessions posters including illustrations. Delivery 3 Delivery timeframe: 7 days Payment: 20%
• Develop ASR facilitators selection tool, according to the recommendations,
• Develop tool to help on identification and selection of children to attend the ASR Programme, which include the inclusion of children with disabilities,
• Develop a tool to help the selection of the parent-to-parent sessions leads
Delivery timeframe: 7 days
• Unify and harmonize the ASR curriculum material package visually (includes all contents)
4. MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION: The consultant will be managed by UNICEF and supervised by ECD Officer and Education Specialist for Early Learning.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
The consultant must have following qualifications and experience to be eligible to apply for the assignment:
• Advanced university degree in Education (preferably in Early Childhood Education), Early Childhood development,
• At least 5 years of experience in the field of Early Childhood Education or Early Childhood Development at national developing and managing Programmes in pre-schools/ECD related areas
• Sound knowledge and experience in developing Early Childhood Education/Preschool Education/Programmes, especially for Accelerated early learning Programmes and ECE training programs
• Excellent communication skills; interpersonal, networking, analytical and computer skills.
• Fluency in working knowledge of Portuguese and basic English skills
• Necessary skills for graphic design to produce a visually harmonized package of materials.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.