ICT Senior Analyst - Supply Chain Management
Application deadline 5 months ago: Monday 4 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-2 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 2 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 57,661 USD and 78,318 USD.
Salary for a P-2 contract in MogadishuThe international rate of 57,661 USD, with an additional 0% at this the location, applies.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-2 contracts and their salaries.
Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of peace building, humanitarian and development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.
The New York Service Cluster (NYSC) supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as other New York-based United Nations organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners in the delivery of UNOPS mandate in project management, infrastructure management, and procurement management
The Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. It was formed by combining the following portfolios: Grants Management Services (GMS), UN Technology Support Services (UNTSS), Development and Special Initiatives Portfolio (DSIP) It provides Services to partners' programmes that are designed, structured, and managed with a global perspective and primarily serving partners that are headquartered in New York. The SDC has a footprint of approximately 125 countries.
UNOPS has signed an agreement with the United Nations to implement the project activities in support of UNSOS Business Intelligence and Analytics and related acclivities and is in the process of expanding services in support of Data Strategy Implementation.
The United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS) is mandated to provide a broad variety of administrative and logistical support services to its clients, the African Union Transition Mission in Somalia (ATMIS), the United Nations Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM), the Somali National Army (SNA), and a few others. Moreover, Resolution 2472 (2019) adopted by the Security Council on 31 May 2019 established the continued UNSOS provisioning of logistical and financial support and for making oversight and accountability a cornerstone of the partnership between the United Nations, African Union and the Federal Government of Somalia.
In line with the UN SG Data Strategy 2020-22, UNSOS Senior Management has identified Business Intelligence as a strategic enabler to achieve Mission wide Strategic goals by providing visibility and insight on the progress of the implementation of the several projects outlined in the strategic project tree and for monitoring and reporting on the several key performance indicators to measure the benefit realization. The strategic plans for UNSOS 2022-2023 include Business Intelligence programmes and Strategic Projects under each Mission Support Pillar with a set of self-service analytics component to be supported by the BI team.
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for or in the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the ICT Senior Analyst - Supply Chain Management (SCM) will work under the direct guidance of UNSOS Chief Supply Management Pillar. The ICT Senior Analyst - Supply Chain Management will administratively report to UNOPS Business Analytics Specialist Lead and will perform the following tasks:
1. Project Management and Business Analysis:
- Contribute to business and scope analysis, gathering of requirements and documentation, preliminary system analysis, data cleansing and enrichment, migration, and change management initiatives for Supply Chain Management (SCM) areas.
- Perform Project Management activities for SCM projects.
- Create SCM related technical documentation.
- Interact with, support, and consult with all UNSOS Pillars' Sections /Units to define key performance indicators, standard and ad-hoc reports that enable business decision.
- Assist in enforcing known policies, procedures, and compliance requirements that improve the overall operation and effectiveness of UNSOS Supply Chain Management Pillar.
- Coordinate the delivery of training workshops in the area of Supply Chain Management.
2. General Administration
- Draft and coordinate inputs to logistics and supply chain reports, presentations, briefing notes, and other information documents required by senior management.
- Monitor and control budgetary allocations through regular reviews of UNSOS SCM Budget; draft routine and ad hoc outputs; and provide effective monitoring reports and data. Identify deviations from plans and propose corrective measures
- Produce major/complex SCM reports for management.
3. Perform other tasks and responsibilities relevant to the scope of this position.
Impact of Results:
The ICT Senior Analyst - Supply Chain Management will support the implementation of UNSOS Supply Chain Management initiatives. The effective and successful achievement of key results by the ICT Senior Analyst - Supply Chain Management directly affect the overall efficiency of the office’s provision of services, impacting the quality and accuracy of work completed. Timely and accountable delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in strategic services
***Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!!! Education:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or in a field related to the post description is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor's degree) combined with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master's degree.
- Minimum two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in any of the following areas: business intelligence, business administration, finance, human resources or ICT areas.
- Minimum two (2) years of working experience with SAP or any other Enterprise Resource Planning tool.
- PRINCE 2 foundation certification.
- Experience in defining and documenting system requirements.
- Experience in a multinational working environment.
- Experience in Supply Chain Management or related areas.
- Fluency in English (speak, write read) is required
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract level: P2 Contract duration: One year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Based in New York, the Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations.
The SDC’s services include grants management, development and special initiatives support, and technology support to the UN and UN agencies.
The SDC is part of the New York Service Cluster that supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners in the delivery of UNOPS mandate in project management, infrastructure management, and procurement management.