ICT and Assets Assistant
Application deadline 7 months ago: Friday 25 Feb 2022 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-7 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 7 years of experience, depending on education. More about G-7 contracts.
Purpose of the Position
Within the Country Management Support Unit, to provide direct support and services to the Country Management Support Unit (CSU); to manage and provide ICT support to managers and staff and to act as Helpdesk in the context of GSM
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objectives
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Summary of Assigned Duties
Installation, Administration and Maintenance
- Coordinate the installation and maintenance of all ICT hardware and software; according to AFRO ICT standard.
- Ensure uninterrupted and effective ICT services to the office.
- Install and support LAN/WAN and data communications systems as per AFRO ICT Standards (Windows 10 Operating System, Windows 2008/2012 Server, TCP/IP, Ethernet, VPN, PIX, Firewall, Proxy server, Microsoft Exchange server 2010, VSAT, VolP, SNMP. DNS, DHCP, etc…);
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair ICT equipment.
- Perform daily server backup of data files;
- Set up and maintain disaster recovery procedures;
- Set up and maintain security of the ICT infrastructure (hacker and virus protection, protection against power failure, fire protection, etc;
- Maintain inventory of ICT equipment and software;
- Administer software and updates;
- Liaise with other UN agencies and external partners on ICT matters.
- Make a quarterly report on informatics equipment inventory;
- Provide technical documentation concerning all ICT related activities and update it;
- Make a monthly activity report.
User and Administrative Support
- Provide in-house training/assistance to staff on usage of informatics equipment (computers accessories) programs (software);
- Assist in the design and implementation of database applications and other computer programmes;
- Coordinate the activities of external consultants;
- Act as ICT/AFRO focal point at WHO Country Office level;
- Ensure accuracy of entries by checking information registered in the CSU Fixed Assets Register;
- Administer the sale of Assets that are no longer in use in accordance with the approval of the WR.
- Supervise periodic physical verification (at least once every biennium) of all WHO Assets and reconcile
them against the Fixed Asset register. Prepare discrepancies report for management control and financial decision purposes (items not recorded, not found or disposed off).
- Coordinate the transfer of assets from person-to-person or unit-to-unit and ensure that this is reflected in the central fixed assets
Supervise the process of disposal of obsolete assets and ensure that assets are disposed off in the best
interest of the Organization and those records are updated in the Fixed Asset Register.
Perform other duties as required by immediate supervisor and WR.
1. Communicating in a credible and effective way
2. Moving forward in a changing environment
3. Producing results
4. Respecting and Promoting Individual and Cultural differences.
5. Creating an Empowering and Motivating environment
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
Work requires very good knowledge of LAN and TCP/IP networking and other internet based protocols, Windows 10 Professional, Windows 2008/2012 Server, Microsoft Active Directory; Good knowledge of E-mail system’s administration (Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft Office365); Good knowledge of computer security including firewall and Virus protection; Good knowledge of Data backup and Disaster Recovery procedures (Veritas Backup Exec is the software used); Good knowledge of Database programming with visual Basic; Good knowledge of the Administration of telecommunication systems including Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) ; Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems; Demonstrated ability to identify and solve technical problems in difficult circumstances. ability to write technical documents.
Essential: - Completion of secondary education; preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in computer or information technology systems.
Desirable: - First level degree in Computer Science, telecommunications or related area would be an asset.
Essential: At least 10 years of progressive experience in administration of information and telecommunications echnologies infrastructure with some years of responsibility work in LAN management.
Desirable: Experience in the integrating Voice and Data Communications field: LAN design, maintenance and troubleshooting roster configuration, IP address schemes, internet/tunneling.\\
English : Expert Knowledge level is required
French: some knowledge or knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
<pre style="text-align:justify"> <span style="font-family:Arial;"><span style="font-size:11pt;"><span style="line-height:normal;">Good knowledge of GSM System or similar ERP Systems; Experience with staff training in the use of management information systems.</span></span></span>
- This Vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level in other locations within South Sudan.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.