ICLA Paralegal Ethiopia Assosa
Application deadline 3 days ago: Friday 3 Feb 2023 at 07:23 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 2 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 2 (NRC) contracts.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Paralegal position is to assist with the day-to-day implementation of the Information, Counseling, and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Programme in Assosa Zone.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in activities
- Cooperate with relevant partners and local authorities
- Work with ICLA officers to implement delegated ICLA program activities according to the plan of action
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Demonstrate commitment to NRC’s mission, vision, and value
- Act as a liaison between the targeted community and the ICLA team.
- Working with ICLA officers, help lead mobile group information sessions, designed to raise awareness and provide information to displaced persons, on access to civil documentation, legal identity documents, and related issues.
- Be available to respond to questions from community members on civil documentation, legal identity documents, and related issues, and to refer community members who require more detailed assistance to ICLA Officers.
- Manage and maintain communication with beneficiaries.
- Assist with the organization, management, and support of cases and awareness campaigns, including administrative tasks, and review of documents, and information.
- In coordination with ICLA officers, develop and execute outreach strategies to the community, community partners, and stakeholders.
- Support community partners/and stakeholders to raise concerns about issues affecting their community.
- Plan/facilitate community outreach and education.
- Adhere to ICLA policies, donor agreements, work plans, budgets, and procurement plans.
- Adhere to NRC’s Human Resources, Financial, Logistics & Security policies, and procedures.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- BA Degree/Diploma in LLB
1. Professional competencies
These skills, knowledge, and experience are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, carry out multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Some experience working on community mobilization or protection activities in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Some experience in working with government authorities and vulnerable beneficiaries
- Skills and experience in case management and conflict resolution
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Amharic, Oromifa, and Rutani (Benishangul)
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision in a challenging environment
- Pro-active, goal-oriented, and results-driven
- Flexible and creative
- Excellent communication skills
2. Behavioral competencies
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect