IC-012-21- National Website Design Specialist
Application deadline 1 year ago: Wednesday 2 Feb 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
The UNDP Iraq Country Office, with funding from the GCF, is supporting the Government of Iraq through implementing the project ‘NDA strengthening in Iraq for climate finance programming, governance, regional cooperation and knowledge generation’.
The focus of the project is to strengthen the capacity of the NDA and ensuring access to GCF funds and support to national organizations seeking accreditation at GCF. The project will enable the Government of Iraq to strengthen capacities of the newly assigned NDA to institutionalize climate action coordination mechanisms; establish/build capacity of direct access entities; enhance climate finance programming for national/regional greenhouse gas mitigation measures; mainstream information on paradigm shifts/transformation into country programming; and develop capacity to identify and develop proposals on green growth investments. The beneficiaries of the readiness proposal are the NDA, related ministries/authorities, private sector, and candidates for GCF accreditation. Low engagement of the private sector in the GCF process in Iraq is one of the main barriers that will be addressed through building capacity within the NDA to support bankable green growth proposals, development strategic priorities in addition to identification and training of strong national agency candidates for GCF accreditation. The initial readiness project produced several key NDA working documents, including a communication strategy, operational guidelines, a project prioritization tool, and no-objection procedures. This project will focus on enhancing these working documents and promoting access/transparency by developing an online informational platform to house this information and all deliverables of this project’s outcomes, which includes the development of a web-based Concept/Proposal development and ranking toolkit to strengthening the capacity of the NDA to effectively coordinate, monitor, and access climate finance, with emphasis on low emission development.
Duties and Responsibilities
The National Website Design Specialist will act as a national expert with the following responsibilities:
- Enhancement of the NDA operational manual regarding different aspects by developing a web-based platform, integrating it into the Ministry of Environment (MoEn) website.
- Develop a web-based Concept/Proposal and ranking toolkit housed in a dedicated online platform
- Deliver training to MoEn IT staff on the newly formed platform
The overall consultancy will involve the development of training materials targeting MoEn staff to be fully trained on platform functionality and maintenance. The training material will be used to deliver two training sessions of two days each, implemented virtually if there are any travel restrictions, to selected participants from Iraqi MoEn staff. A training handbook/ guidebook will also be provided to assist staff post training. A report is required for each event and finalized based on UNDP and national stakeholders’ comments.
The consultancy will be for a period of 5 months. The assignment will be managed under the UNDP GCF Project Coordinator and the overall EECC pillar head.
- Demonstrates commitment to the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the mission, vision and strategic goals of UNDP.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly and with impartiality.
Required Skills and Experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in computer programming or a related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience preferably in the Middle East region, preferably in Iraq, on current web development technologies and design tools
- Previous work experience with governmental institutes and UN agencies to design websites or integrate new tabs into already existing websites, and develop training materials
- Knowledge on new software and other web programming languages and programs including use of HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Macromedia Flash, and Java.
- Excellent oral and written command of the English and Arabic languages
- Have excellent knowledge of recent trends in graphic design, web sites, including online video publishing, and social media networking as well as create innovative and visually appealing website designs
- Demonstrate the ability to develop training materials and deliver trainings on operating platforms/ websites
The application should contain below mandatory documents:
The technical proposal should also contain personal CV (Mandatory) , indicating education background/professional qualifications, all experience, furthermore, providing duly filled the form of Letter of Confirming Interest and Availability (Mandatory) whereby includes financial Proposal (Mandatory) that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per deliverables mentioned in this TOR, in addition to the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
The detailed terms of reference and the Letter of Confirming Interest and Availability form are available in the following link with mentioned Job Title above : https://procurement-notices.undp.org/
Please note you can upload only one document in the online application, therefore combine the CV, and the Letter of Confirmation and Availability as one pdf and upload it accordingly.moreover, please note that failure to submit required mandatory documents by UNDP will lead to rejection of your offer.