Humanitarian Coordinator, Bangui, Central African Republic, P5
Application deadline 7 months ago: Tuesday 8 Feb 2022 at 17:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-5 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 10 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 172,401 USD and 216,058 USD.
Salary for a P-5 contract in BanguiThe international rate of 110,869 USD, with an additional 55.5% at this the location, applies.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-5 contracts and their salaries.
Under the overall supervision of the UNFPA Representative and working in a programme team led by the Deputy Representative the incumbent will ensure effective and efficient coordination, programmatic and operational support to UNFPA’s humanitarian programming and response in CAR as relevant, supporting CO in implementing the Country Programme. The thematic focus of the humanitarian support will be centered on Reproductive Health with support to GBV as required by the Gender team, but will also coordinate the country office’s humanitarian response and planning related to youth and data
To ensure its timely implementation, responsibilities and tasks of the Humanitarian Coordinator, may include, but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in Humanitarian Assistance, Public Health, Social Sciences, Demography, Gender and/or other related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience preferably in humanitarian affairs, emergency relief management, public health or other related areas, prior experience in region an asset
- Experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects, humanitarian programming and coordination.
- Proven management, coordination and of programme development skills,
- Analytical and strategic thinking, results oriented, commitment to excellence and able to work efficiently under high pressure,
- Track record of building strategic alliances and partnerships, strong communication and networking skills; strong organizational skills,
- Appropriate and transparent decision making abilities,
- Knowledge and understanding of UN humanitarian relief operations and procedures,
- Good level of emotional intelligence, empathy and conflict management as well as negotiating skills, Experience in the UN system would be an asset.
Fluency in French and working knowledge of English are required.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
Notice to applicants: In accordance with the rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, are required to renounce such status upon their appointment. Exceptions to this rule are very limited and can be made only for: (a) stateless persons; (b) newly appointed staff members who have applied for citizenship by naturalization, when such citizenship will be granted imminently; (c) acting staff members in the General Service and related categories with permanent residency status, on promotion to the Professional category; (d) staff members appointed under a temporary appointment. Please understand that UNFPA is not in a position to provide advice on or assistance in applying for any citizenship.