Human Resources Analyst, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, P-2
Application deadline 3 days ago: Tuesday 31 Jan 2023 at 17:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-2 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 2 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 87,702 USD and 119,122 USD.
Salary for a P-2 contract in Addis AbabaThe international rate of 57,661 USD, with an additional 52.1% at this the location, applies.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-2 contracts and their salaries.
The Human Resources Analyst is located in Addis Abba, Ethiopia Country Office and reports to the International Operations Manager (IOM) and supervises the Human Resource Assistant. The HR Analyst is responsible for transparent implementation of HR strategies in the Country Office and effective delivery of Human Resource services and management of the Country Office HR Unit. S/he will analyze, interpret and apply HR policies, rules and regulations, establishes internal procedures and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues.
The Human Resources Analyst provide leadership in execution of the full range of CO HR services ensuring their transparency and integrity. Human Resource Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that the delivery of HR services meets clients' expectations with regard to efficiency and consistency. The HR Analyst leads and coordinates the efficient, consistent implementation of key HR processes in the Country Office. Provides value-adding advice to the CO management and staff regarding policy application in all areas of Human Resources. The Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and facilitate the maintenance of high staff morale.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Management or relevant subject.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years of relevant work experience in supporting Learning and/or Human Resource Management activities, research, administration, international development.
- Knowledge of HR policies and their application in the employment life cycle
- Proficiency with UNFPA recruitment and HR systems/software applications
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in drafting reports and preparing presentations; excellent listening skills and empathy.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proven ability to work with senior management and to work in project teams
- Excellent collaborative and team working capability
- Demonstrate the ability to build and sustain effective working relationships with staff at all levels in the organization
- Integrity: exercising the appropriate discretion when working with confidential and sensitive matters and information
- Experience in change management projects or activities is desirable
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages an asset.