Hub Team Leader (2 positions)
Application deadline in 8 days: Wednesday 6 Jul 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
These two positions will be based in Quetta and Kharan district of Baluchistan province, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by FAO Representative, is to assist government to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The current FAO Programme in Balochistan aims to reduce poverty and enhance sustainable, inclusive economic growth in Pakistan by strengthening small-scale agribusinesses. To achieve this goal, the programme will support Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME’s) and agribusinesses in the horticulture and livestock sectors to become more competitive by making improvements at all levels of the value chain, including the enabling business and policy environment. FAO Balochistan aims to particularly enhance the engagement of rural women in agricultural production and value addition activities and enable to them to tap into economic opportunities in the selected value chains.
The position is at SBIII-SC6 level
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with Assistant FAOR, Programme, the Hub Team Leaders will directly be supervised by the Senior Project Officer, Balochistan in coordination with the Project Coordinators.
• The Hub Team Leader will be responsible for day to day implementation of all FAO project activities in the grouped districts and he/she will lead, supervise and guide the district teams. • Facilitate the development of agri-business plans for select value chains of commodities supported by the project, through support for community organizations, producer marketing groups and other types of MSMEs established. • Ensure that Farmer Field School (FFS) are established timely and supported with appropriate technical information for smooth operation. • Oversee making arrangements for conducting FFS sessions, trainings and other capacity building activities in the districts of responsibility.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Supervise work of the staff in the districts in terms of attendance, work planning, implementation, logistics HR and other management related tasks; • Lead the FAO district teams and build their capacity on mobilizing farmers for FFS sessions, trainings and other capacity building activities; • Be responsible for undertaking field activities in at least some of the project target villages to have a hands on experience required for leading other team members effectively; • Work closely with the district teams to prepare detailed trainings plan prioritizing training topics based on the identified needs; • Lead the FAO district teams in collecting and preparing background information on agricultural commodity value chains, agribusiness and market development issues; • Prepare district work plans on economic viable value chains and agribusiness through identification of priority activities required to improve efficiency; • Day to day management of FAO district offices and retaining close contact with district authorities; • Establishing and maintaining effective working relations with Government and other project stakeholders at the district level. • Responsible for timely project reporting of activities implemented at the district level • Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor and project coordinators required for successful implementation of project field activities;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advance university degree in agriculture, livestock, rural development, agribusiness, marketing; OR • Minimum 5 years’ experience within agricultural, livestock or horticultural sector, rural development and capacity building • Working knowledge (Level C) of English. Good knowledge of Urdu and Balochi and/or Pashtu; • National of Pakistan.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus • Teamwork • Communication • Building Effective Relationships • Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Knowledge of rural business development for MSMEs in the context of the Balochistan food, agriculture and livestock sectors • Remain open to change and ability to manage complex tasks. • Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment. • Ability to deal with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds. • Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high-pressure environment. • Maturity and confidence in dealing with high-ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions. • Possess strong supervisory, communication, team building and computing skills (word processing, spreadsheets and data-bases).
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above. Preference should be given to local candidates.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.